RE: Upgrade

Logan

Hmmm....maybe I should wait until after the upgrade to see if I need a new mouse. Seems like I just sent the same PM 8 times. I think it's the mouse, but it could also just be me. I mean seriously, why would someone with the handle of rodentraiser (who bought something from someone named minirabbits on eBay) have problems with a mouse? Yeah, I think it's me.

Thanks for the info - nice to know!

• 2 weeks later...

The upgrade has now been completed.

Getting used to the new set up will be a transition, but if you have any questions in the mean time please do let me know. You'll notice that the new software is much smoother to use on mobile devices and iPads as well.

The look and feel will be changing shortly.

Thanks, Logan!  :D

One thing I liked was having the most recent new topics as well as the status updates on the main forum page.  Can that be added as a feature?

Status updates are there now, and recent topics will be returning soon as well yes! :)

• Like 2

Hey, Logan, I wanted to add, if you want any more smileys, I have an absolute ton in my Photobucket account. I've been collecting them for years from all over, from here too, but if you want to add any to the forum, you're free to take any you like. Just do a search for rodentraiser on Photobucket and then click on Library (or folders) and scroll down to smilies. The folders are all alphabetized and I'm ashamed to admit how anal I am, but the smilies are alphabetized too. I may have a couple thousand of them there to pick from. Holidays and whatnot too.

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll find out where al the old buttons are.  I do miss the strip at the bottom of the forum homepage that showed which fonts and colors went with which type of member, which was useful when directing newcomers to the administrators and moderators for assistance.

Maybe this was already mentioned, I'm probably late to the party.

When I look at any of the entries that have pictures or attachments in them, it just lists the picture name and it's file type like .jpg, etc. No picture shows up by clicking on it either. I tried on my phone and on my computer.  

Will Members Gallery be shown again as most recent additions first? Will the feature in Members Gallery indicating which albums have new comments/pictures to view since your last visit be back?

• Like 1

I'm glad I can get used to all the new stuff in one fell swoop, rather than having things s l o w l y trickle in.  Now "New Content" includes new entries in the Gallery as well as the main forum; will new blog entries also be included?  Also, topics are showing up as read in the "New Content" that I haven't read, topics that I have read are still showing up when I return; before, each time I came on (I stay logged on and in "New Content") I only had new content showing to read.  Will the current "New Content" remain as it is now?  Because if it does I'll go back to the forum homepage to stay logged in at.

It's definitely a little different. It'll surely take a bit for me to figure it all out.  Thank you so much for all your hard work :) 

Just clicked the emoticons and got   core_emoticon_group_default in the message box instead of the list. The search feature in the emoticon box is nice!

tyty...I do so love using the emoticons!

something else I noticed is there is no button you can click to get to the actual Greenleaf store....have I missed it? did it move? will it come back?

I know you are working hard and I also appreciate all that you do to keep us updated here on the best lil miniature forum on the web.

Thank-You Logan and Greenleaf!

Excuse me, I seem to be lost. Has anyone seen my family?  The Greenleafs?

Wow! I've been offline for 4 days, out of town, working the most miserable County Fair in recent memory, and I'm sitting here at home with my first cup of coffee - and log onto the forum - and WOW!

I found this thread so will just say hi - and see you later, after I'm more awake.  Guess the emoticons aren't back up yet so just picture the old smiley-wave.   

• Like 2

I must say that I really appreciate the new uploading function in the gallery!!! Most often I use my Ipad while surfing as it is so easy to bring along anywhere.. Now. I can upload more than one pic at a time, the naming, previewing and naming the pic is a breeze (as long as on saves the changes, ie naming and comments) but otherwise one gets a pop up note asking about if I want to continue without saving.  

Liking the changes so far

Hugs

Edited by Anna

Something I noticed - the "Website URL" in profiles isn't clickable, and probably should be so people don't have to copy/paste the URL into their browser bar.

I'm still figuring out how the gallery works. I can't figure out how to get to my own galleries... not seeing that option when I click on the arrow by my username at the top of the screen anymore.