RE: Upgrade

Logan

Something I noticed - the "Website URL" in profiles isn't clickable, and probably should be so people don't have to copy/paste the URL into their browser bar.

I'm still figuring out how the gallery works. I can't figure out how to get to my own galleries... not seeing that option when I click on the arrow by my username at the top of the screen anymore.

I can't scroll to the 2nd page of my albums either Emily.... I hope the gallery option can be added back in the drop down by our user name in the corner.. that was very handy... but the upgrade looks great :)

I found my albums by going to my profile and then selecting albums.  But, the titles run into the image above them -- I'm using Firefox -- so it's a bit of a jumble.  I think they are all there though.

So far it reminds a wee bit of Scotty's line in "Star Trek: the Search for Spock":  the more they overhaul the plumbing,  the easier it is to gum up the works.  I'm hopeful that with time thing will get straightened out.

Just an FYI for Logan:  Since I can't access all of my albums (only the last page is showing in my profile section and the links/arrows to the other two pages don't work), I thought I'd try using the search feature for images and entered the names of some of my albums and pictures but it came back with 0 items found.  A second issue is adding a picture to a blog post.  I was able to upload to my latest album using the upload link on the main gallery page and selecting the proper album from the drop down list and then link the picture page in my blog post using the "insert image url"  function from the drop down menu, but there's no longer the option for "image url" for the picture as there was in the old gallery so it's not embedding the picture properly.  It drops a thumbnail into the post along with the text from the photo description but when you click on it, it navigates you off the blog post and into the gallery.   I tested the "insert image url" function using the link for an image from my website and that properly embedded the picture in the blog post so the feature does work; it's just that our gallery doesn't currently have the option to select the image url.  (or maybe it does and I just haven't found it yet.......still looking)  

I can't seem to figure out how to reply to a status update.  There used to be a small box which brought up a reply window, but I may just be missing it.  I love how much bigger everything is! You guys work so hard, thanks, thanks, thanks :)

Edited by chapchap73

It seems like the pictures in the blogs and the picture attachments to forum replies are now in the same bucket; so I have exceeded my attachment limit.  Also the comments on blog posts seem to be bunched with private messages so I am halfway full there too.  Is this how it's going to stay?  Will I have to delete comments on my blog to save space?

Edited by Debra from Olde Cape Cod

Just a minor thing.  Is there a way to get the pictures at the top on the main forum page to not move back and forth automatically?  I'm sensitive to movement (migraines) and I know we disabled the flowing country flags we had a long time ago since that movement also bothered a number of people.

• Like 3

I too would appreciate it if the gallery on the home page could stop moving. Right now it is nothing but dark squares, but the movement is the issue.

Also, Logan I'm assuming you are looking for feedback. I'm missing images from several albums: Maus Haus, White Rose, and 1:24 Tennyson bash. They all appear to be from the period from May through June 2014 so I don't know if this is just a linking issue or not. 

I just noticed that Logan's announcement re the software update included know issues (like missing album images).

Sorry I missed that. Thanks for keeping us informed (now I just need to read the announcements first!) :D

• Like 1

I miss the little red button at the end of each thread that used to send me back up to the top of the thread (with access to the New Content link). I don't like having to scroll back up by hand. The arrow to go to the next unread topic isn't very useful, as I often don't want to read the next unread topic right then. I pick and choose topics depending on interest and time available.

• Like 2

Before I forget, I miss the ability to reply to someone's status right from the forum home page. Any way we can get that feature back?

There are definitely some frustrating things, but for me they are minor when compared to having no forum to go to for a laugh or inspiration (if I ever have time to get to my minis again)  This place is the only one I can go to for any mini talk at all! It takes time to get the kinks worked out of any new system. I can't even begin to imagine the work that goes in to moving all the photos and posts and other stuff on here. Thanks so much to Logan, Dean and everyone else; we appreciate all your hard work :)

• Like 1

I miss the little red button at the end of each thread that used to send me back up to the top of the thread (with access to the New Content link). I don't like having to scroll back up by hand. The arrow to go to the next unread topic isn't very useful, as I often don't want to read the next unread topic right then. I pick and choose topics depending on interest and time available.

I'll see about re-adding a back to top button! That should be easy enough.

Update: Added!

I've seen friendlier interfaces..........Greenleaf used to have one!...............Sorry but it has to be said!

Hi Mike!

I will agree with you. I'm not overly happy with this layout/interface either. It's taking some getting used to for sure. We unfortunately at GL did not design it.

We will be getting a custom theme, and with it we can change some design elements. So if you have any specific suggestions please let us know!

Before I forget, I miss the ability to reply to someone's status right from the forum home page. Any way we can get that feature back?

There are definitely some frustrating things, but for me they are minor when compared to having no forum to go to for a laugh or inspiration (if I ever have time to get to my minis again)  This place is the only one I can go to for any mini talk at all! It takes time to get the kinks worked out of any new system. I can't even begin to imagine the work that goes in to moving all the photos and posts and other stuff on here. Thanks so much to Logan, Dean and everyone else; we appreciate all your hard work :)

Hm, odd that they took that out. I disagree with that also, that was convenient. I'll add this to my list also!

Edited by Logan

Also I am not receiving notices when someone comments on a couple of my photos.  My guess is I needed to select that when I posted the image originally but when I go back to edit, there's no longer the option for that. Is the only alternative to delete that photo and start over?

Logan, I saw your note that this has been added. Thank you! BUT ... it's not showing up on my computer (Win 7 Vista Home Premium with Chrome ) Where should I be looking?

Look under the text of each post and it's in the line with "+  quote   edit  options  go to top".   It took me a few minutes to find it too Kathie.   It's after the text and above the sig line. 

Thanks, Deb. I wasn't looking for it inside of the post. This is actually a more useful place for it, in the event one doesn't want to read all the way through the thread.

I don't know how many people like this, so if I am in the minority, please ignore.

I used to be able to click on New Content and maybe have to go through about 2 pages or even 3 to see all the new threads. Now that the pictures are included, sometimes I have to go through as many as 6 or more pages to see all the new threads and I also waste a lot of time clicking on pictures thinking they're threads. It's not that I enjoy the pictures, but I like to do either one or the other and not both together. I tend to browse slowly through pictures and glance quickly at threads.

So I guess my question is, will the pictures remain integrated with the threads (I'm hoping not) but if they are, can they be bulleted or colored differently so we can tell at a glance which is a picture and which is a thread without having to stop to read where it's been posted?

Otherwise, except for the double spacing thing which I can get used to, I really like the new forum. I haven't been to my gallery pictures yet, but those weren't all that great anyway. LOL

And am I correct in assuming we will going back to a sort of green color in the future, too?

Logan, one thing I miss is seeing member info when they post. Currently, I see their username, reputation (which is new), post count, member status, and picture. Used to we could also see location, which is useful, real name, and joined date. Would it be possible to add that back?

Disclosure, I use my phone almost exclusively. So these items may be available on desktop version, not sure if features are/could be different or not.

Thank you for all you do!