Kits to Bash into a Church?

New Day

Hi Everyone,

I've missed you all!

My newest project is going to be a church for a friend's mother (for her birthday in Oct.). I love the RGT Country Church kit, but can't swing that price right now.

I know others here have been really creative in bashing other kits to make churches or chapels, but I'm not finding many examples when I search the forums or galleries.

Anyone have any advice or links to projects that might help me decide on a kit?

There used to be a website of all the bashes that had been done using the Buttercup; it broke my heart when it disappeared from the web.  I remember there were a couple of cute chapels.  Didn't someone bash a Vineyard Cottage into  church or chapel?  With those windows it seems like a shoo-in.

• Like 1

I were also thinking about the Vineyard as a possibility for a church bash.

Wasn't it David (Hydroped) who made a church-bash some years ago?

looking forwars to seeing this take shape!

There used to be a website of all the bashes that had been done using the Buttercup; it broke my heart when it disappeared from the web.  I remember there were a couple of cute chapels.  Didn't someone bash a Vineyard Cottage into  church or chapel?  With those windows it seems like a shoo-in.

Thanks Holly, those were the 2 kits I've been thinking of (and I already have a Buttercup kit).

I were also thinking about the Vineyard as a possibility for a church bash.

Wasn't itDqvid (Hydroped) who made a church-bash

looking forwars to seeing this take shape!

Thanks Anna, I'll see if I can find Hydroped's posts about it. I do love the Vineyard Cottage and it does look like it would be great for a church.

I'm making a country chapel out of the spring fling kit currently called downhill ski shop I think. I used the addition building piece with it and had the main entrance double doors at the far end of the smaller addition. The altar area was at the opposite end of the larger piece. I cut an archway between the two buildings so it became one larger area.

I left out the second floor of the larger piece except for a small choir loft at the upper window area so it would feel like a cathedral ceiling. The upper floor of the smaller building piece was the apartment for the vicar.

I put paper clay on the outside and was doing a stucco and timber inside. I have no pictures of it to show and it never got finished.

• Like 2

Hydroped's looks like it was an Orchid.

I think the Buttercup could work. You might consider putting the doors through the bay creating a small vestibule. The Vineyard Creek would be a good choice :)

Hydroped's looks like it was an Orchid.

You're correct that Hydroped's church was a bashed Orchid.  Darrel and Melissa built a church too but I can't find any pictures of it in their blog or gallery anymore and my memory is lapsing about which kit they used.  (It may have been a scratch build).   At one time I had plans for bashing two Vineyard Cottages together to make a cathedral which would be big but sooo cool.  The Canterbury has always said "church" to me too.  It wouldn't be difficult to crop off the A frame on the front and add a steeple to the tower on that house.