Question about using paperclay for a stone look

futurelibrarian

When you use paperclay against your wood for a stone look, either for flooring or walls, are you supposed to put glue on it before you apply the paperclay? This would seem counterintuitive to me, it just seems weird to put glue on clay which is already moist, but I just wanted to check. My assumption was that the paperclay would kind of adhere more firmly to the wood as it dried (without using glue), but I have never used paperclay for a large area in a dollhouse, and I'd hate to create a great stone floor or wall only to have it fall off in a week! Thanks in advance for any advice.

I do add white glue liberally on the surfaceI am attaching the paper clay to as the clay itself doesmn't have adhesive properties as it dries.

Hugs

Yep! I checked with Kellyannmo (who I consider the paperclay guru) when I was experimenting with the stuff last week, and like Anna says, apply glue to the surface you are going to use the paperclay on. It does seem counter intuitive, but what I found was the area where I wrapped the clay (and that did not have the glue) lifted away from the wood as it dried. :)