Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to say hello and that i'm so excited to start my first craft-making hobby! I was wondering if anyone could help me start out? I have no clue where to begin with building my own 1:12 dollhouse from scratch. I hope to start competing in the next couple years! All I really bought today was a Doll House magazine that just shows how to create miniature furniture and items. I couldn't find any doll house building books or anything at Barnes and Noble either. Is there any videos/articles/books that is for beginners? 

I also have a couple questions!
(1) For 1:12 doll houses, do some of you build your own furniture? I see that some websites sell pieces and you build it from their kits. But I was definitely interested in building my own furniture!

(2) Can some of you please post some of your 1:12 doll houses? I would love to get some inspiration going and see everyone's lovely work!

Thank you guys so much! :)

Welcome to the little family, Emily.  Amongst the pinned topics at the top of the General Mini Talk forum there is a topic "Dollhouse Book Reviews" that you might find helpful.  I have amassed a bookcase full of excellent books over the years.  Chilton Books at one time used to publish craft books as well as automotive repair manuals, and although they are out of print you can often find them online.  I make my furniture from scratch, not always from wood; I also make the accessories, dolls and occasionally food that I put into the houses, both in 1:12 and in 1:24.  There are excellent internet sources of information, as well.

I recommend navigating the site (it has just undergone a MAJOR upgrade, so we're all relearning our way around).  The Gallery contains members' photos of their work and we have some outstanding scratch builders here, and once Logan our tech angel figures out how to restore the photos to the blogs, there is an abundance of eye candy information to help you.

Welcome. I have evolved into a scratch builder but I wouldn't have gotten there without building kits first.  Scratch building requires a huge investment in power tools and the knowledge to use them safely. I recommend to build a small  kit first and take a wood shop class at a local high school. See if you enjoy the entire process before you go custom.