Vintage Travel Trailer

Lony

Well here I am again.

I purchased the little trailer for my husband years ago and he started putting it together and quickly lost interest. The task now falls into my lap. Eeek!

He removed a few items and then glued the interior trim on before paint (insert eye roll here) My question is, would it be possible to remove the trim after he used a lot of wood glue? I don't want to gouge the wood by trying to pry it off. I will probably have to try and paint them in place. I figured I will do a last ditch effort and check with the experts.

Thank you so much!!

Lony

It's been sitting for years? Pulling it apart would depend on how the wood and glue have aged/dried out. You could try heating it with a hair drier and slipping a thin blade, like a palette knife, under the edge of the trim. If you can wiggle it in, removal may be possible. If it is holding tight, I think I'd make the effort to paint it as is rather than risk damaging the wood. In an older kit, I'd hesitate to use a liquid solvent (like vinegar, nail polish remover, fabric softener, etc) for fear of it soaking into dry wood and causing it to swell/warp/distort.

• Like 2

Thanks Kathie, that is what I was thinking. He started it over a year ago and he is all about the extra glue. LOL Which is normally a good thing, but not in this case. Sigh...