Can Anyone ID This House? Might Be A Greenleaf

Lady-K

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought this pretty red dollhouse at a rummage sale. Probably the nicest old dollhouse I've ever had the chance to rehab. All I have to do for this rehab is clean the house, fix some of the porch railings, and replace the yellowed/torn/sticker covered window "glass". 

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what house this is. Definitely a kit. Slot and tab construction. There's an extra room added onto the kitchen, but I'm pretty sure that is part of the kit.

The last house I brought home was an old Greenleaf Van Buren, and the windows are similar to that. So my guess is that it's another Greenleaf, but I'm not sure.

red_dollhouse_id_2.jpg

red_dollhouse_id_1.jpg

red_dollhouse_id_3.jpg

red_dollhouse_id_4.jpg

• Like 1

It's the Country Manor Dollhouse kit from Skil-Craft catalog # 688. Definitely not a Greenleaf house. And yes, the little room added on to the side is part of the original kit. You found a nice house!

Edited by rodentraiser
  • Like 2

Oh wow, How did you figure that out so fast????

I didn't even know that company existed. Thank you Kelly!

It is a nice house, I can't believe how lucky I was to get this one.

I pulled out one of my Miniatures catalogs and would you believe it, the book opened up and your house was right there. Sometimes it happens like that!

• Like 1

Considering the way the addition extends beyond the back of the house it makes perfect sense to relocate the stairs to the invisible back half of the house.  I agree that they block access to the rooms, and the holes would be easy to fill.

Not to be disagreeable before I've even had any coffee, but I did create a set of stairs on a sideways placement like that - on purpose - in an Orchid so the rooms would have more furniture space. It meant I had more space on both the first and second levels. Sorry pictures are not available at this time.

I wonder if these weren't so bright white and thus eye-catching and prominent as compared to the rest of the house color scheme, if it would change the look somewhat.

• 1 month later...

I kind of like the stairs. It makes it look like a cut away view of a house, like in those "How It Works" books. They're definitely a design challenge, but I think I kind of like that too.

Definitely painting them though. I don't really like the white. I know all the trim is white, and I think that goes well with the house, but I just feel like bright white paint isn't how most people handle the stairways in their homes. Needs to be a brown or just something that goes better with the hardwood flooring on the 1st floor.