New Miniature Show in Chicago Spring 2016

Has anyone else heard about the show happening in Chicago? I just found out about it this morning and they are offering classes too! It'll be where the Bishop Show used to be for years. Right across the street from Woodfield mall and IKEA! Here's the link to read more about it 

http://theminiatureshow.com/index.php?main_page=index

Edited by Minis On The Edge

He is working hard on luring vendors away from Tom Bishop and 3BM. So far he is doing a pretty good job of it. I am not sure where the "over 600 artisans" number came from, but there will be a few. 

3 Blind Mice is changing their hours now. Mostly due to the new show. I also know that Bishop and 3BM are still running a free shuttle between the two shows. They will not run the shuttle to the new show.

• Like 2

It's so political...that part I hate. One year at the Bishop Show I was trying to find out about the free shuttle, and someone rudely told me that this show was the Bishop show...basically shutting down all conversation about other shows. I haven't forgotten that rudeness. 

I saw this a few days ago - maybe it was in Miniature Collector. I'm all for it - competition is a good thing. He also says he'll have a free shuttle to the other 2 shows....best way to create interest! And yeah, when IMA left, I was bummed. 

Oh...this is an interesting incentive for dealers:

• We will offer shipping anywhere in the U.S. for your customers purchases free of charge for up to a 5 lb box. This will be a great incentive for customers to buy more and they won't have the worries of packing their purchases in their checked luggage.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Wait...shut the front door... there are miniature shows? 3 in chicago all on the same weekend?  Can someone tell the newbie more about this? Do you have to be a member, sign-up, etc? Are they all at different locations near each other? I freaked the hubby out and yelled from the other room! :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I read on Kilmouski and Me blog that the last show, not Chicago International and not 3 Blind Mice, that show is run by the guy from Swan House Miniatures. The lady from that blog (y'all probably know her, I don't), said Greg (the guy from Swan House who I have dealt with before) was advertising those artisans because he has their work for sale but some of those artisans aren't going to be there in person, just their work. NOT that that's a bad thing, just a bit confusing if you don't know. She said she had emailed a few of those artisans because she saw their names on the list and they said they weren't going to be in attendance. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but might account for the large number of vendors. There are vendors selling some artisans not in attendance here at the Chicago Bishop show and I'm glad because I get to see their work even if they can't make it.