Dura-Craft Columbian Parts

RedFig

Hi!  I want to start off apologizing if this has already been asked.  I'm a complete newb when it comes to making dollhouses and I'm new to this site as well!

I am ecstatic as I was recently given a Dura-Craft Columbian kit.  It was already half assembled and I've gotten a lot done already.  However, it seems there are a lot of pieces missing.  It seems mostly trim/decorative pieces which I can work around.  Unfortunately it's missing all the pieces for the stairs, front steps and the gable trim which I would really like to have.  I see Dura-Craft went out of business in 2005.  Is there anywhere to get these parts or any resources where I could download/buy the scaled pattern/blueprint to print off and cut myself?  Anyone know of any company that specializes in Dura-Craft replacement parts that might have these as well?  I did a quick search and I'm a little worried as I'm not finding much.

Thanks!

Edited by RedFig

Jess, honey, do find some time to introduce yourself in the Newcomers' Forum.  There is a site that has the replacement parts for Dura-Craft kits that has been mentioned on the forum:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=forums&module=forums&controller=topic&id=37874&do=findComment&comment=612931

I just posted a picture in "stairs and Posts" with a stair kit I purchase from miniatures.com.   You may have to adjust the stairway opening, so I'd order them first and cut the opening before assembling the house. 

http://www.miniatures.com/Stair-Kit-P17193.aspx

Edited by Sable

Sable, that's another great option.  The instructions currently have the stairs set up so the landing at the bottom is close to the front door.  I'm afraid something larger might butt up against the door.  The landing at the second floor is close to the edge of the dollhouse so I can't cut further to accommodate there for a larger staircase.  However, I might be able to reverse the stairs making the second floor landing opening a little larger in the opposite direction.  I'll have to just make sure the bottom of the stairs won't be hanging out of the dollhouse without having to cut a very large opening on the second floor.

My husband seems to think if I enlarge the picture enough on the parts list that came with the instructions, he might be able to use that as a template to cut the pieces himself. He seems to think the pictures are to scale just shrunk down.  I might try it out on some cardboard first before I go through the aggravation of trying to get it right with the real stuff.