Pics posted

CutnStuf

No kidding! Sitting here slack jawed at the amazing talent and creativity here. I've been browsing the new albums that are up and WOW...just wow...

I'm curious where all of that comes from. What did builders do before dollhouses? Art background? Decorators/designers, architects? What other creative/artful things do you do? There's some amazing talent here.

I did woodworking, but not like that...I've been refinishing and restoring furniture since I was a kid, I sew, and I have a doll collection, so doing some of the tasks of dollhouse building aren't new to me, but I'm not nearly that good.

*slinks away to go sand something* 

Wow. Been looking at a lot of the current pics posted. Makes me feel like a rookie! LOL! Some beautiful work, you guys!

No kidding! Sitting here slack jawed at the amazing talent and creativity here. I've been browsing the new albums that are up and WOW...just wow...

I'm curious where all of that comes from. What did builders do before dollhouses? Art background? Decorators/designers, architects? What other creative/artful things do you do? There's some amazing talent here.

I did woodworking, but not like that...I've been refinishing and restoring furniture since I was a kid, I sew, and I have a doll collection, so doing some of the tasks of dollhouse building aren't new to me, but I'm not nearly that good.

*slinks away to go sand something* 

I think the secret for every builder amounts to the basic philosophy of "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" and "Practice makes increasingly better" (no, not perfect, imo). 

Available time is also a factor. Some of us have more or less to devote to our hobbies. There was a time I could work all day and stay up all night and it didn't matter so much.  These days with the 3 kiddos, that's not currently an option for me. 

• Like 1

I agree that the amount of talent here is prodigious, but look how many members belong here.  I have been building houses and making miniatures since I was 50, over 20 years ago, and in that time I have done a lot of "do-overs".

I so much agree, there is talent and imagination oozing out of every page. That is what is so inspirational though

. I see these beautiful builds and I want mine to be just as perfect. It keeps me moving forward and not giving up. Perhaps by the time I get to my 5th build I will achieve my goal.

I feel the same as Cheryl. I love seeing the talent here and I love striving to reach there. If the stuff here wasn't so gorgeous then I wouldn't be nearly so inspired and motivated and having that desire to press on and learn more and more.  I learn something new almost every time I come and read here. Learned about paper clay tonight by looking at the gallery and doing some investigating.  Last month I discovered a chandelier I wanted to recreate. There's always something to keep ya going here. 

• Like 1