Job Interview

Irene

Okay guys, I need some encouragement....I have a job interview on Monday and I am in a state of panic...I have been unemployed for quite some time now and it has been a long time since I had to interview (I was at my last job for 30 years)...I REALLY need this job, so wish me luck!!

Irene

Good luck on your interview!!! I know how you feel. My company I worked for closed all it's stores. I worked there for over 25 years and would still be there. I now work for Binney and Smith. Today is my anniversary with the company, 5 years. You can do it! Company's need and want experienced workers.

Irene you'll be fine :( . Most companies now are looking for people that have experience and I'm sure you'll do great. Holly is right answer questions in the mirror and have faith in yourself.

Sending positive thoughts to you and I'll keep my fingers crossed on Monday.

Gook Luck :D

Will be thinking of you Monday and sending postive thoughts as well I know you will do well and hopefully find the job to your liking as well!

You know they are interested or they wouldn't have made an appointment with you...

Hugs

I just had an interview at work last week.....

Be ready to answer some key questions.....

1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?

2. Tell me about your greatest accomplishment and what it meant to you

3. Tell us about a time that you took innitative and how it came about (or something like that lol)

4. Why do you want to work for us?

5. Why should we hire you?

6. If you were in management and you knew your best friend was about to be fired, would you tell them and why?

They will prolly ask you to tell them about yourself professionally....

and!! (I'm on a roll!!)

Make sure you have extra copies of your resume.......I ended up doing an interview for like 4 people, so I had like 6 copies with me, but, I already knew how many people were gonna be there (love how gossip spreads eh?)

Make sure you give each person a copy of your resume when you get there, unless it just wont work then give them out when you are leaving and shaking hands and such.

And, last but not least, make sure you send a thank you note to them......just something that wll make you remember them........I've got an awesome reply at work......if you need it, let me know and i'll copy it for you :lol2:

It's not as bad as you think it will be! Just relax, have fun and don't be afraid to make them laugh!

Heck, I told my interviewers that I was like a chamelon....think they will remember that lol.

Good luck!!!

Good luck to you! Try to relax! Have fun in your interview (to an extent...don't throw in a dirty joke or two). The more uptight you feel, the more likely for the verbal diarrhea. :) When asked a question, don't blurt out an answer. Sometimes repeating the question back to them can get you started on what your answer will be. I really hope it goes well for you. :thumb:

Wishing you all the luck in the world Irene!

Although it will be hard to really feel relaxed for the interview (been there - done that :) ) try to walk in there feeling positive - give yourself a "talking to" prior to the interview - remind yourself of all of your wonderful qualities and why you would be an awesome addition to their staff. If you can walk in there feeling confident and believing in all of your wonderful qualities - you will feel more relaxed.

You can do it! And we'll all be here in the background cheering you on!

Not sure what kind of job you're interviewing for but when I'm interviewing potential employees (usually for secretarial jobs) I always ask what they consider as their strengths and weakness. A follow up thank you for the interview note is a very good idea--but please check for spelling errors or typos that can ruin an otherwise very good letter.

Hang in there and you will do fine. Be sure and let us know how it went.

Thanks to all for the encouragement...I just got back from my interview...whew!!! :) Yes I was feeling pretty green around the gills, but I think I did okay...I am really hoping that I get the job...sounds like something I could excel at, but now comes the waiting on pins and needles hoping to hear from them...which is almost as nervewracking as going in for an interview... got my fingers and toes and even eyes crossed!!!

My stomach has butterflies just thinking about it Irene. I have been self employed most of my life so the idea of an interview with someone makes me nervous. LOL

I am sure that you did fine though. Good Luck.

Irene

Good luck on your interview!!! I know how you feel. My company I worked for closed all it's stores. I worked there for over 25 years and would still be there. I now work for Binney and Smith. Today is my anniversary with the company, 5 years. You can do it! Company's need and want experienced workers.

Sharon, you and I are "cousins"...I am retired from Hallmark!

Irene...if you could make it for 30 years in one company, you must be one fantastic lady!! Whatever company hires you will be lucky to get you! Good luck on landing that job!!!

I'm sending good thoughts your way. :)