My westville dollhouse

Kgalindo38

So I'm new to dollhouse making and I just wanted to share my first ever dollhouse. The greenleaf westville dollhouse. Man this dollhouse was a pain in the butt!!! And I'm still not done  so I put electric and I'm doing the outside now. And if anybody has any thoughts about furniture I would love to hear them. I'm thinking about making it Victorian but we will see. Thanks for viewing 

Great to have you here Kimberly.  

I couldn't find any of your Westville pictures. 

Here is my version of the  Westville which was my first house as well.   

And here is the list of other Westvilles on here- I hope it'd give you some ideas. 

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=core&module=search&controller=search

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the pictures so quickly. I am always curious on other members's take on the same kit.

Yours is coming out very well.  Mine took me over 4 years to finish.  

There was a gap for the  pointiest part of my bay window. 

Some wood putty or spackle would fix it,  in case you are having the same trouble. 

• Like 1

Where were you when I was siding my Westville?  I used bamboo skewers to fill those gaps in the bays' sections and spackled over them.  I didn't know any better and sided before installing the window trim, cutting the siding flush with the window openings, and then the roof trim required major surgery to fit.  Fortunately the customer didn't mind, but it bothered me that it wasn't perfect; then I started noticing RL houses and felt better about it.

• Like 2

That looks great! I have that kit, but it keeps getting bumped from the list. I'm finishing an Orchid right now, and hope to do some smaller projects before the Westville.

The house architecture is Carpenter Gothic, so any period after about 1890's or so is "correct." The cool thing about dollhouses is that it can be any time you want it to be.  

Any construction tips? So, you pained the siding strips first, then added the window trim, then glued on the siding? Gosh that looks like a lot of work! Love the lighting, too!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!! Actually stickyfingers I put the window trim first painted it and then cut the strips to measure the sides and painted them and then I glued on the sides and yes it took me 5 hours to do and I still have 3 more sides to do. Which it shouldn't be to hard because I got the hang of it already. The lighting was difficult too. I still have to get one chandelier for the kitchen but other than that it's great. And put wallpaper in the kitchen. 

Where were you when I was siding my Westville?  I used bamboo skewers to fill those gaps in the bays' sections and spackled over them.  I didn't know any better and sided before installing the window trim, cutting the siding flush with the window openings, and then the roof trim required major surgery to fit.  Fortunately the customer didn't mind, but it bothered me that it wasn't perfect; then I started noticing RL houses and felt better about it

I'll definitely use some gap fillers. What I didn't do is that I didn't put the windows in I put the window trim in the Windows and totally forgot to put the plastic Windows. Oh well it still looks great though for my first house.  

I am in awe of anyone who electrifies a dollhouse, especially a first dollhouse.  I can relate to the forgetting to put the plastic in the windows.  I still don't know the best time to put in that plastic.  I have ruined more than one plastic window while further working on a house.

My Westville is still a work in progress.  I have posted some pictures in an album.  Pretty much finished the two downstairs rooms and have done some work to the upstairs (adding a bathroom between the two rooms).  But I have not worked on it in months as I seem to start new projects.

Looking forward to see your progress.