Black Butterfly in New Orleans

Soapz

I'm going to New Orleans on Wednesday. Does anyone have any news on the status of this store? Is it still open? Is it appointment only? Anything?

Also, any other recommendation is welcome. Wood trims and building material would also be a viable option for spending money I don't have..... hahahaha

Edited by Soapz

I haven't been in the French Quarter in several months, don't know what's happening/happened to the Black Butterfly. If you get to Royal Street, stop in the shop next door that sells goods imported from France. The lovely lady who owns the shop is who I got information from originally. Matt lives and works in the Quarter and may have up to date info. I'm drawing a blank on his screen name.

I haven't been in the French Quarter in several months, don't know what's happening/happened to the Black Butterfly. If you get to Royal Street, stop in the shop next door that sells goods imported from France. The lovely lady who owns the shop is who I got information from originally. Matt lives and works in the Quarter and may have up to date info. I'm drawing a blank on his screen name.

Isn't it madtex1967 that is Matt's screen name?

hugs

• Like 1

Thursday DH & I went to the annual Senior Living Expo in a nearby town and at one of the booths advertising memory boosters I got the people there with the old chestnut about the memory being the second thing to go...

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, I made it back home. I had so much fun visiting with Kathie and Lloyd that I stayed late and didn't go anywhere else. No mini store, but a lot of beautiful miniatures...

And I will definitely come back if y'all will have me.

Kathie, when I got home the little desk was waiting for me.... and it fits with the beautiful bed you gave me. Thank you again so much for having me, feeding me and giving me presents.  

• Like 2

And I will definitely come back if y'all will have me. Absolutely!

Kathie, when I got home the little desk was waiting for me.... and it fits with the beautiful bed you gave me. Thank you again so much for having me, feeding me and giving me presents.  Our pleasure. :) 

Hey!

Sorry I missed this!  I was out of town for 10 days, just coming back last Sunday night.  I am getting back into work and the pile of paperwork on my desk.  I am just now looking at the forum while at work (don't tell the boss!). 

I am so glad you had a good time with Kathy and Lloyd!  Great people!  Although I have not seen them in forever.  Life is getting in the way of my minis so much it seems!

For anyone else asking about Black Butterfly shop, yes, they are still open!  I have not been in the store in months, but last I was and passed by, they mainly have only furniture and small items for a shadowbox (as a printers tray).

Anyone heading this way, be sure to message me and I will meet up or get any info for you!

Matt

I will be back in New Orleans at the end of November on some Saturday or other to pick someone up from the airport... Actually I'm accompanying friends who pick someone up. But, we thought about going early for breakfast and then just kind of see where the mood takes us. 

As soon as I know more I'll let you y'all know. 

I will be back in New Orleans at the end of November ...  As soon as I know more I'll let you y'all know. 

Great! Sounds like beignets and café au lait at Café du Monde (or breakfast/brunch at Stanley's) with a side trip to the Black Butterfly.