So I made a plan....

Soapz

By now, y'all probably know that I can't resist a good deal on ebay. Which kind of got me into my current situation (nope, not the one about being broke - I am a student so that's chronic). I have all these house kits now (Lily, Brimble's, 2 Arrows, Alison Jr., and so on....) and furniture. Lots of furniture. Rehab, House of Miniature kits, slightly damaged, very damaged - you name it, I have it.

About two weeks ago I figured I needed to sort through all of it by 'room' to focus on buying things that are missing, not necessarily what I want. I do know I have more than enough sofas and tables, cabinets and side -boards - I can easily outfit three or four living rooms - not so much other rooms. 

So far I haven't started sorting yet, I haven't found the right boxes to start. (<-- that is such a lie.....hahahaha). 

Anyhow, I realized I should probably stop buying and start an inventory before adding more. I'm planning on doing that. I know I need to do that. I really will do..... oh look, a chaise..........

chaise.JPG

• Like 1

I continue to buy furniture and furniture kits for my half scale builds, even though I did finally sort the extra pieces that aren't yet residing in a specific house. I sorted by room into separate boxes so that it's easier to see what I have. But I like watching for good deals too :D

I am a "planner" to, but then again when I find something that speaks to me it is a gereal rule to snag it as otherwise it will be gone when the scene needing just that item to pop, well then the thingy is no-where to find,. 

So I say it is a necessity one just doesn't know of, just yet that is... My excuse and I am sticking to it!!!

looking forward to seeing your inventory, inspiration and treasures!

Hugs

• Like 1

Sounds like a great plan. When you are done with your stash, wanna come do mine?

I found this saying a long time ago:  "I can't clean because I keep getting distracted by all the cool stuff I find!"

• Like 2

I am a "planner" to, but then again when I find something that speaks to me it is a gereal rule to snag it as otherwise it will be gone when the scene needing just that item to pop, well then the thingy is no-where to find,. 

So I say it is a necessity one just doesn't know of, just yet that is... My excuse and I am sticking to it!!!

looking forward to seeing your inventory, inspiration and treasures!

Hugs

I thought your plan sounded good until I read this part. LOL. And this is so true as we all know! Sometimes those special items come up on eBay and you know you may never get a shot at that vintage artisan item again and you MUST act. 

• Like 1

I think part of the addiction to miniatures is the shopping part. I mean, it's good to dream and all, but the project just seems more real and likely to happen if you already have stuff for it, right?

I am embarrassed to say that I currently have 2 boxes with kits, building materials and a good part of the furnishings ready for me to catch up. My problem is, I have way too many items on wish lists and in shopping carts waiting for me to bravely pull the trigger. They have nothing to do with project box #1 or #2. They are for project #3, #4, #5...

I find it is best just to give in and buy them. It's part of what makes us so happy! And, I certainly don't want to regret anything!

That chaise is fabulous! I could build a whole room around that. It needs blue wallpaper and a side table. And a rug. Maybe a fireplace, too. You see how this goes?

Ditto what Jodi said...I have four kits (with parts, accessories, furniture, trim, hardware, etc.) waiting -and another plan for in my head for #5- not to mention the current build and the partially finished rehab. It turns out that I finish houses just like in RL...one piece at a time. I can't just buy a set of furniture and an accessory or two and call it done. It all has to speak to me and evolve. This requires shopping. Lots and lots of shopping. So while I'm browsing for the perfect whatever for house #1, I'll find some cool accessory for kit #3, and then be reminded that I was going to look for something for #4...

I need to organize this growing pile of stuff, and maybe even hold off on browsing for a while. I still have kit furniture to assemble for the current build, and I'm telling myself that the stash will be thinned once the house is finished and I can actually put things in it.

As I have most of my craft room stashed away I might end up with doubles when I finally get to the time where I will be unpacking and installing into the new craft area (sometime in five years or so....) so in the meantime I collect the things I fall in love with as those usually means I will use in some build one day.

The latest "must have some day" is the Greenleaf village, love those and have some ideas for how to turn them into something else so to speak.

Hugs

.... cuz it's super important ....????

Hahahaha..... you're probably right. 

I decided to tell myself - and others! - that I'm shopping for the ultimate house. You know, the one I'll be building soon..... :blowup:(<- that's what happens when you lie to yourself)

Anyhow, yesterday and today I only hunted for things I definitely don't have yet - the most adorable Asian teapot and a vase (.99cts each...) and three brass chandeliers ($9.99 each). 

But in all honesty, I really think the sorting/grouping would make sense - I don't want to end up with 30 sofas/couches/chaises and have nothing else to put in that room. Then again, there is nothing wrong with sofas....

I posted the new room box - I'll just hope it sells well.... hahahaha