Hello From Tennessee

MiniMarie

Hi All,

I have always loved miniatures and always wanted a doll house. My husband bought me the Duran-Craft Madison MD740 about 8 years ago. I was working two demanding  jobs at the time, and never got beyond a bit of painting and back in the box it went. I also couldn't find a place to put it as I considered it quite large BIG GRIN and it didn't really seem to be suitable living room décor.

I became disabled a year ago and decided to finally build it and also decided any guests to my home would have to live with my unfinished  dollhouse in the living room as I very slowly work on it. I also wanted to make most of the furnishings myself and I knew nothing about working with wood but thought making tiny furniture would be so much easier than the real thing. Another Huge chuckle. Wow have I learned a ton and how wrong I was, but I Love love love working on the house and furnishings and should have it complete by the time I'm 100. To ice the cake my wonderful husband surprised me with a 3/4assembled VM 800 last night that he found at a garage sale. Now you know why I added the BIG GRIN when I said my other doll house was quite large!!  The VM makes it look like a garage in comparison. The VM800has a decent exterior paint job, but the interior is a mess as the builder attempted to paint it after building it, so it will take a lot of work to finish, but what a wonderful project that is now Sitting right in he middle of my dining room table  found  the forum while searching the internet trying to determine what kind of doll house my "new" one is and was so excited to find a community of enthusiasts  I'm afraid I have now expertise to offer  what little I know, I've learned from trial and error(mostly error), but I hope to enjoy the forum and kindred spirits and will be a great cheering section for others 

Welcome! I recently built the Duracraft Madison for my daughter, and I thought it seemed huge too. When I tackle a large dollhouse, it will have to be half-scale! The Madison is in the living room right now, but it's right at home with the play kitchen, baskets of toys, etc. My interior decorating has changed a bit since having kids. :D After you have five posts, you can start a photo album and share your progress on your minis. It's nice to have feedback online--I don't know any mini enthusiasts irl, and I think my family finds my hobby a bit odd. lol

Hi, Marie, and welcome to the forum! Your experience of learning by trial and error will fit right in. Many of us gained experience the same way. it's so nice to be able to toss out an idea or theory here and get back responses from others who share their successes and failures addressing the same challenge. As for your family, many of us find ourselves in the same boat, so it's doubly nice to have an understanding online family to share our love of the craft.