Advice on room layout

Phillip

Like Holly said, it is jaw-dropping. I would think the organization wouldn't want to sell it either.

I went back to the beginning page and looked at the October date. It seems as though you've accomplished this amazingly detailed job in a short amount of time.

I hope you are VERY proud!

I did have some yes. In retrospect, I would use the largest stencils possible and the thickest brick mixture. I had purchased brick powder from a store in the UK but I didn't think I would have enough and I improvised with red ochre acrylic paint and spackle. That worked somewhat well but it was hard to clean off the stencil after repeated applications. I also rushed through it because I didn't have tons of time to get things perfect. I worked on the project mostly between 9pm and midnight after our children went to bed so I didn't often take things sufficiently slowly before making a decision on how to proceed. Since this was my first dollhouse project, and because do much of it was done from scratch, each step was a big learning curve. It came together but the brick, paint, etc is sloppy enough to be noticeable, although it photographs well in a way that obscures the flaws

8 hours ago, BriJohn said:

It's magnificent. I am astounded at how wonderful it is in such a small amount of time. What a gorgeous house, you should be so proud, you did very very well. 

I echo what Briana just said. It really is magnificent!

Watched your build from the sidelines as i've been recovering. Just wanted to say how gorgeous it is and congratulate you on the wonderful auction results. Your work truly deserved the high bid. Your attention to detail is fantastic. 

• Like 1