Arrow Dream Cottage finished

gnomeworld

As of last night I finally finished my little cottage. The result is exactly how I want it, down to the "peeling" paint and window gaps. I deliberately left spaces on the roof - mostly so I can remember how it was originally with the "inking" marks. Once again, I chose a 1940s look as homage to my grandmother's home. The items I made are not perfect, nor do I want them to be. They may lean to one side or not have the best paint job. That is OK with me. 

I made the kindling out of a stick that I split. The kindling holder, bed, and sink frame are baked clay with the sink itself made of an Altoid tin. The kitchen table is the top of the Altoid tin. The black stove is egg carton and a straw. The Zenith floor radio is made from paper towel tubes and buttons. The linens are hand sewn. The porch rocker and table are clothespins. The shingles are sand paper that I "dirty washed" with paint.  The kerosene lamps are buttons and pushpins.

I had a lovely time working on my house. I decorated it the way I always pictured it when I was little. I am proud of my little house and will enjoy playing with it.

Tried to upload a picture but my kilobytes and megabytes don't add up too well.  Will try to post in the gallery.

• Like 2