Hello from Virginia

PJSizemore

Hello everyone,

I am a happily married, 57 year old grandmother of 12. I live in Virginia but I am originally from Maine.

I am building my third dollhouse, Newport.  I have the next dollhouse "Orchid"' in a box ready to go and a punch list for another one after that. It is very addictive.

I found myself at home on disability several years ago after my third back surgery. I've had a 4th since then. On bad days, when I can't stand or sit to work on the actual structure, I can make all sorts of items to decorate the inside. I usually have no less than three projects going at once.  I love the forums, tutorials, and helpful hints on this website.

Luckily, my husband is very supportive and let me take over half of his den for the "Newport with addition.  He built a beautiful table with turntable for my house. 

He keeps asking what I'll do with these dollhouses, as we will eventually run out of room. I reminded him that we have 7 granddaughters out of 12 grandchildren. Guess I can plan on being busy for awhile. 

Hello and welcome, Pamela! What an understanding husband. I'm sorry to hear you have back trouble. I have it occasionally myself, although not as bad as you. Any way, it's good you have an outlet to distract and keep yourself entertained. I look forward to seeing pictures of your builds. When you've made 5 posts you can start an album in the gallery. Good luck with the Newport!

Welcome Virginia!  I thought that I would have a lot of time on my hands once I retired but working on miniatures certainly took care of that--- not enough hours in the day!  Looking forward to seeing you builds!