anyone else getting strange messages?

me-barbie

I have about half a dozen private messages asking me to contact them because I seem like a nice person and they wish to discuss something important with me.  Looks like our inboxes on the board are being spammed.

• Like 1

Holly, did you not get an email notice telling you that you had a message? I don't believe the spammer (I got and reported one, too) had access to our emails. When a message is posted via Greenleaf's PM system, it is the system that sends a notice to our personal email accounts, not the sender.

Yes I got this same message this morning...and while I'm really glad it has been looked after, I can't help but wonder how "they" get this information to begin with, and what do they do once they have it???

As a member they log in and send the message, when the message is sent you get a notification from here, not from the  "person" just a mere notification there is some activity awaiting you to see so tospeak.

Good riddance to the one(s) behind the mass-PM sender!

Hugs

All fixed - just a "robot" spammer that decided to mass-message everyone on the board. When I delete an account there's also an option to remove all of their sent/received PMs which I did also.

They're crafty and get smarter all the time, so one will make it through now and then :p

• Like 3