A Lundby Stockholm joins the Dollhouse Whisperer family!

RockawayRose

Such a wonderful find.  Looking forward to seeing your rehab of this house.  Perhaps you have already discovered the Lundby sites on the internet.  I found quite a few just googling "vintage Lundby dollhouse".  I looked at a lot of them right after I brought home my Lundby Stockholm that I found at Goodwill a few months ago.

My Lundby Stockholm has all white trim, but it is missing some pieces.  I notice that you are fortunate to have the side door which is missing on mine.

I used the Mr Clean Magic Eraser to clean the white plastic.  But had to be very careful not to get it too wet as any hint of water stains the wallpaper and floor papers.  Mine is also missing a lot of the original railing and the stable door.

I did buy some Tomy pieces of furniture, which at the time I was looking, seemed to be cheaper than Lundby.  Discovered I had a few pieces of bedroom furniture in my stash that I think are Barton.  Also discovered I had the dog chewing on a shoe.

I do have some pictures of this house in an album in the gallery.  I am again working on it and hope to finish it (as much as I finish any house) this month.

Have fun.

• Like 1

I have one of these with the garage as well...nice score finding that garage extension!

I love decorating my lundby houses with the 70s Lundby stuff - that harvest gold bathroom is a must!...they end up so cozy and fun to play with. There is something extremely relaxing/nostalgic about the 70s for me and Lundy does it best.

The skylight makes for some nice Swedish noir photos. And don't you love the tiles on the balcony - so 70s to me - "Come and knock on our dooooor!" It's just the best.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I just bought one today for $20. I’m a novice with dollhouses and don’t know anything about dollhouses but I am an artist and hobbyist who is up for the challenge of restoring and modernizing it. But it’s missing a few windows, stable doors and electrical. Want to restore it for my granddaughters but don’t know where to find the missing items without paying a lot for them. The railing on the stable level is also missing. I bought some doors from eBay and a transformer from amazon which I hope will work because I have no idea how the lighting works. Any ideas of other dollhouse railing can work?? What is the scale? Couldn’t upload a pic from my phone but looks just like yours but with missing doors and windows. What is the big hole that looks like a window in the back for? 

Welcome. The scale is 1/12.  Be careful with your purchases. The dollhouse hobby can get very expensive. You don’t want to buy the wrong items without knowing more about what you are dealing with. Transformers come in different sizes depending on the number of bulbs you will be using and with different connectors. Did you measure the wall thickness before ordering the doors? The doors might be too thick or thin for the opening. My advice is to learn everything about a subject (electrical, wood trim, paper, paints, glues, etc) before you make any purchases.

Lundby is 1:18 scale. It's about 3/4" = 1'. You might be able to use small 1:12 furniture in it, but there's also a lot of Lundby stuff available on eBay.

It's 1/16th scale. In addition to Lundby, you can look for Petite Princess, Renwal, Marx, but most especially Barton. I find the others too cutesy, but Barton did a lot of 1/16th mid-century style that would work very well in that house. Barton is very common in the UK so you may have better luck getting items from there. Shipping can be high but the pieces are relatively inexpensive so it's a wash.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Barton-16th-Scale-Miniatures-Houses-for-Dolls/1202/bn_3097573

I just remembered that Youngstown made salesman samples to sell their 1950s metal kitchens. They are 1/16th scale too. They're plastic but they look great! I have a box filled with that stuff. I'd thought I could perhaps put a toekick underneath to raise them and make them pass for 1/12th. Nope, not even half believable to pass. Anyway, they pop up on Ebay from time to time. Here's a set on Etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/654628204/lot-of-47-youngstown-kitchen-salesman

• 1 month later...

I had one of these as a child, minus the the garage/stable. It's a lovely house and I had a lot of fun with it. I no longer have it now unfortunately. If you don't want to go for Lundy furniture, you can always get Sylvanian Families instead. Their furniature will fit quite nicely. 12th scale is way too big for the house as I found out when I decided to renovate it once. The fact that everything I looked at was too big for it puzzled me at first. It was only later when I found out about the scales. ELF miniatures used to do modern 16th scale furiature, but as you can't seem to get new houses in that scale unless you make them yourself they've stopped making them, which is a shame.