rejoining hobby in Michigan

mini-cat

Hello everyone. I am soon to 42 yrs old. New to forum but not to hobby. Have just been out of it for about 4 years. I ended up giving away probably thousands between houses,furniture, supplies and materials. I had 4 houses and loved the hobby but had a major life changing event and move. I am very excited to be back in it!

Hi Gena, I was out of the hobby for a while too. (Well, sort of out of it, money has been tight, but I still have all my minis). Now that my grandsons both want houses, I had a good excuse to buy two more!

Which houses did you have, and what are you going to buy now?

Thanks for the welcomes! I previously owned Rgt Simplicity with single level porch, The GL Orchid, a handmade log cabin (found at a garage sale) and GL store, which i never got to put together :(

I have been on sick leave and this has been great for my mood:D  I am currently working on GT Victorian Painted Lady. See I got a great deal on a conservatory wing and a plantation porch. Porch goes with The Simplicity and conservatory would workwith both however not sure i want to repeat a house when there are so many others i want to build. So i will in here searching for the answer to my next build.:D

• Like 1

My biggest problem now is im having trouble staying out of this forum and actually working on house. So many talented people in here. I notice a lot of people say to look at their galleries. Are there links or something I'm missing? 

You have to click on a username to go to the profile page and there you can click on "albums" to see their gallery albums.  It didn't used to be like that, but this last "upgrade" messed with the gallery so that's how we have to do it now.

My phone doesn't agree with this site. I can't post pictures of dollhouse because it won't bring up my gallery pics. Only pics I have downloaded. I have a Galaxy 3s. Maybe they could come up with an app.

Mini-cat, I understand what you are saying. Since you don't have a Gallery set up yet you can't find one to post to.  

-On a cell, it's a round about way to do this, but try this:

-Go to my Profile "Sable"

-Scroll down to "Activity" then click on "Gallery"

-Pick one of my Galleries and scroll down to the bottom where it says "Add Image".  This will take you to the proper screen for you to make a new album under your own Profile.  Although you're on my page, it won't post to my gallery.

-If you get a warning that the pics must be less than 1000kb you will have to resize them. I usually email them to myself as "medium".

Please PM me if you have any problems

Oh no. You miss understand. I wanted to post a pic of my dollhouse. Its on my phone under gallery on my phone not talking about gallery on website. When i hit the "click to choose file" button, it brings up documents and files and even my camera itself but pics i have directly taken with my phone go under gallery and i can't seem to find it. I suppose i could choose camera option and just take a new pic. Then i have to clean my hobby mess around it. Lol

But the information you provided will come in handy as I will definitely want to have gallery on this site too. Sable I do appreciate for your time guiding me : )

• Like 1