flower making materials where to buy?

Gee

I am looking everywhere for flower making materials, to be more specific: I am searching for very small paper or cotton  balls, the kind some people use to make hydrangeas, but smaller.

Does anyone have the slightest idea where I can buy those? 

Your help is very much apprechiated!

What scale are you looking to create? Like Amy, I use hand punches for many of the shapes I need, especially the small ones. Sometimes I cut leaves by hand. FranticStamper has a lot of punches. I also search on eBay. I've gotten some good deals there. Paper covered florist wire is available on Amazon, though I buy it in larger packs than you may want.

Depending on how many flowers and types you want to make, you might want to consider a kit. I've had great fun and success with those, and they don't require the investment in tools and supplies. 

couldn't help noticing that in a lot of .UK and USA webshops the little flower punches are a lot more expensive than over here.

For most of my punches I paid lees than 2 to 4 euros each.

10 hours ago, Gee said:

couldn't help noticing that in a lot of .UK and USA webshops the little flower punches are a lot more expensive than over here.

For most of my punches I paid lees than 2 to 4 euros each.

Great price ranges for those punches then Gerda, up here they are a "bit" pricier usually... (atleast double) but that hasn't stopped me from adding to my Collection of usefull punches.

Hugs

Amanda- I have found a lot of great little flowers at different craft stores!  Great suggestion.  and the other suggestion that I learned on this board was to look in the fish tank aisle - sometimes the plastic plants used in fish tanks are in the correct proportion for minis.

And those mini balls that Gerda was talking about- the ones I see used for lilacs or hyacinth sometimes....I always associated those with some type of filler material-like in pillows or dolls.  Wonder if they could be found in a doll making site?  Or maybe even on a scale model train site with the landscaping materials.

And don't forget about the cake decorating equipment!  There are tiny little cutters and molds that we use for working in fondant or sugar paste that I have used for my minis.  And there is VERY think floral wire that can be found in those sites as well...check out Global Sugar Art or CK Products.  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akelly318 said:

Michael's Arts and Crafts (and probably a lot of other craft stores) sell very tiny pom poms you could use for flowers!

Gerda lives in The Netherlands, so Im not sure she has access to a store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

• Like 1

I'd wish I did, havanaholly! They do not send to the Netherlands. However, we also have websites where they sell mini stuff only usually they are very limited in what they offer.

14 hours ago, Gee said:

I'd wish I did, havanaholly! They do not send to the Netherlands. However, we also have websites where they sell mini stuff only usually they are very limited in what they offer.

Maybe someone can buy items in the States and send them to you? or you could probably make some by breaking up pieces of floral wet foam and painting them.

akelly318, how very kind of you to suggest that, thank you! However, I just found flower punches at alieexpress.com for even less, with free shipping! now I've got all the flower making materials I need. But thanks again!

Gee