White House?

Sable

It's such a nice floor plan without looking too big. It's also tastefully done and technically done perfect.  I think it will do great. I'm getting one ready again the difference for me is the auction is after a golf tournament and .... intoxicated men love taking home a dollhouse to their daughters. (so mine is pink lots of pink)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KathieB said:

What an elegant house. It has appeal for both collectors to show off fine furnishings and children who just want to play. It should bring many bids. <crossing fingers> 

I’ve been debating an age restriction. The porch railings although they are pinned and glued could become detached if hit hard enough. And the hi-hat lighting has small rings that could easily be yanked off. So, I’m thinking about recommending it to be for adult collectors or children 9 and up? 

36 minutes ago, Sable said:

I’ve been debating an age restriction. The porch railings although they are pinned and glued could become detached if hit hard enough. And the hi-hat lighting has small rings that could easily be yanked off. So, I’m thinking about recommending it to be for adult collectors or children 9 and up? 

A recommendation for 9 and up would do the trick, I think. I wouldn't use the term collector. It might put off someone who isn't presently a collector but has always wanted a dollhouse. This is the perfect house to entice him or her into the hobby.  :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Debsrand56 said:

This is a lovely house.  Anyone would be lucky to get it.  I have a question, though.  I thought I saw a shower for the white house.  Do you have two white houses, one for you and one for the auction?

Same house. It might be staged with a few items. I just can’t decide.  I’m going to let the person in charge of the auction decide. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sable said:

Same house. It might be staged with a few items. I just can’t decide.  I’m going to let the person in charge of the auction decide. 

What about leaving the house empty but displaying a sign with a few interior views of staged rooms with the heading: Consider the Possibilities!  I'd print on photo paper for the best presentation, maybe put it in a clear Lucite frame, Tasteful, yet suggestive. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

So the auction was on Friday and the winner wasn’t there to take it home. So I packed it up and it’s sitting in my garage. A few phone calls have been made to get a delivery address but I haven’t heard anything as of today. The winners credit card was automatically charged during the bidding process so I’m sure it’s been paid for, unless they canceled out. I’ll give it another day or two but after that I’m taking to the company who sponsored the gala and let them sort it out. Having it sit in my humid garage is not a good thing and I know the minute I lug it into the house I’ll probably get the call to lug it back out again. Frustrating.