Is this an oops?

rodentraiser

I was cruising around today looking at miniature kitchens (instead of getting my room ready for the dollhouse to come home like I should be doing), when I ran across a web site for remodeling. It doesn't look like an active website, but I checked it out anyway. It certainly seems to be connected to real life remodeling. Which is what made this page all the more puzzling.

http://www.sandiegoremodelblog.com/cozy-up-to-autumn-fashions/

I left a comment, but I don't know if anyone's going to read it or not, since the post was made in 2013. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen an oopsie done like this before?

This is a Whitledge-Burgess roombox that was shown at the Seattle 2007 Fall miniature show. This is their website: http://whitledgeburgess.com/studio/ . I think Brae is right, and I doubt they have permission to use that photo, although they probably didn't know it was a miniature room when they saw it.

When I opened your link I didn't see your or anyone else's comment.  I wonder if anyone has bothered to call this to the attention of whoever owns the sit, especially about their apparent disregard for the intellectual property rights...

This is the type of thing I'm constantly dealing with regarding my own works.  It's why I put my blog tag on my photos now, but the older versions of my photos are still lingering out there.  I contact websites and web hosts to have the content removed, but it's a losing battle many times.  There are so many and a lot of times it's impossible to reach anyone.  The copyright holder is also the one who needs to make the complaint, and often they are not even aware the photo is in use somewhere.

Holly, it says my comment was awaiting moderation, so I don't know it if's just stuck in limbo or if the admin saw it and decided to ignore it. I gave him the info about the picture and the link to the website of Whitledge-Burgess.  So....who knows? I'm not sure if I should send a note to the W-B website and let them know or not. Part of me wants to stay out of it and the other part of me thinks they would probably find it flattering that their miniature kitchen looked so real it was put on a real life remodeling site. If it was me, I'd just ask that they give me credit and leave it there.

I learned in putting my scrapbook pages online to always watermark my photos. I had several published and shared on websites and pinterest and for a manufacturer design team so I always watermarked/labeled my stuff. Still that doesn't stop someone from stealing your images but at least you're getting credit and at least someone knows who to google or for more info, who to contact if they want to use it somewhere legit. 

I'm trying to remember to put my name on all the mini-photos that I publish, and not just in the lower corner as artists do. I put it right across the picture where it can't be cropped out.

I know that here on GL we can check the box to copyright the picture. But what happens if someone tries to copy it? The name is below the picture when we first post them - what happens if someone shares or copies the picture?