Using standard doors on 1/8 ply house

Jitchiwah

I have two houses I'm currently working on ( a duracraft and a greenleaf) and wanted to install pre=manufactured interior doors. However all the manufactured doors I find are designed for 3/8" ply/MDF, and obviously these particular houses are made from 1/8" ply. 

How would I go about installing these. I have thought about just cutting a whole 2nd wall to thicken the partition so the door will work, but it seems a bit overkill! lol

I also want to use a standard external door as well, though the external walls do at least have clapboard siding installed which thickens them to roughly 1/4" so the difference isn't so noticeable. 

Any thoughts or experience?

I've done this a few times. I have a mini table saw so I cut the frame down to size. Before I had the mini table saw, I used a vise and a Coping saw.  I've also built up the wall. but I agree that was overkill because the Windows originally fit. So, then I had to build up the window frames with strip wood so they would fit.  

Brae.. Just going over your blog posts I noticed you used also to pad the walls.

wht did you use to attach it and how did you go with papering it? 

I experiemented doing this with balsa on one of my internal walls and the balsa started to dwell on the glued side and warp due to the moisture of the the glue. I was using standard wood glue, so I'm concerned about the papering process as the paper Oates tend to have the high water content as well.

Jessie, if you prime the side you're going to apply paper on and then glue the other side to the wall, that should offset the effects of the moisture content in the glue and the paint.  I would paper the padding layer before installing the door.