What brand paint to use on polymer clay?

pupa

I am leaning towards using polymer clay for full size ornaments. What brand paint would you recommend I use to paint it after it is baked please? Do I need to varnish it (any brand recommendations?)

also which polymer clay brand works best please? These would be kids hand and foot impressions 

thank you for the replies on previous post.

If I want the clay a particular color I knead really minute amounts of acrylic paints from the tube into the clay to get the basic color I want and after the item is baked I add any other traces of color with a soft paintbrush and grated chalk pastel.  Different people who work in polymer clay use different techniques.

Thank you. Any brand name of acrylic paint you recommend? 

Brand name for the grated chalk pastel? Will the chalk be long lasting and will I then need to seal it please? What should I seal it with? 

As you can tell I have no idea what I am doing :)

I use Liquitex acrylic paint in the tubes because most bog box hobby stores carry them in their art supply section.  I also use Prang pastels, both oil pastels (for drawing) and chalk pastels (for drawing, painting and just plain messing around), or the same reason.  I tend not to fuss too much with brands unless I happen across one that' jut too sorry to use, and so far I haven't found one.  And when I say minute amounts, I mean the least smear on the tip of my finger which I then wipe off most of it on a paper towel and start with what's left and go from there; a little bit goes 'way farther than you'd think it would, so I start with next to nothing and add in increments of next to nothing until I get what I want.  Tedious?  You betcha, but saves an awful of too-vivid clay...