Metal "cans" for grocery labels? Clear cookie containers too.

BriJohn

Hey all. I'm wondering if there's anywhere I can purchase those little metal "cans" that are ribbed on the top to print my own grocery can labels and affix them. Do you think those are manufactured just for miniatures or do you think that's something that is manufactured for something else and adapted for dollhouse - meaning, like it's a part you can find at a hardware  store or something like that? I'm talking about the ones that do not open. I know they also come in plastic but I really like the weight of the metal.

And another thing I'm looking for: clear, round container for small loose candy or soap or cookies. You see them with a little ribbon tied on frequently like food gfits. Do artisans buy those or make them? They're like metal food tins but clear. Any ideas?

That's smart too. I had actually been looking at old pinball machine bits and parts/boards because I was thinking how cool some of them would be for creepy science lab equipment but I had not thought to look for something for cans. 

I printed off the grocery can labels from the printmini site and found that they fit pretty well round the 1/4" dowels, so I figured out the length I needed for tin cans and cut them into lengths, sprayed them all with silver Rustoleum, and glued on the labels.  In their setting they look pretty good:

blog-8-1166892833.jpg

• Like 2

You can get cans with the rings around the top from ELF Miniatures in the UK Briana.............Shame you are not in the UK I'd be happy to send you 50 that have been hanging about for ages!

But as both Holly and Cynthia have said Dowels is good and if you want to go the extra mile then some rounds punched from foil............Take a look for a set of 'Hollow Punches'....here I get them from Amazon and a set of 9 ranging in size from 2mm up will allow you to make holes easily.....even in mat board!

You all are the best. I knew I would get great ideas and sources. Cynthia and Holly, that's a great idea - especially since I get get dowels not even two miles away. Holly, the cans really look great! I just love tiny cans with labels. I think it's like mixing typography and miniatures for me, just love them. Sable, thank you for the creative ideas too!

Mike, I will check out ELF miniatures. I don't mind paying overseas postage if there's enough stuff there that I can't get here in USA and makes it worthwhile so I will head to ELF and see what else I may have to have. You know, I think I may have some of those punches. I bought them to make mini clay food. I think they were called Kemper or something like that. I didn't know they would cut mat board!

Valerie, thank you! Thank you!