Holiday themed projects

fov

My Christmas project is the Village...although I did not add any more houses to it I did collect a few more people and such for it....

Emily you have inspired me to do one of those....I did my first real Gingerbread house a few days ago and I kept thinking its a dern shame this will be tossed after the holidays

so if I cant get the next village for next yr I will definitely find a kit that is sameish scale and do one....sooooo nice I love them!!

I was thinking that the quarter scale villages would make good gingerbread houses, since the backs are closed in you wouldn't have to worry about putting furniture inside. (I'm not planning to put anything inside but still had to spend time and use up paint making the insides look decent...)

The pastry bag we used is a disposable kind. It came with 20 bags and four different tips. (We didn't throw away the tips after use though!) The spackle is a lightweight type by Dap. I don't have the exact name handy but I'll post it later. The consistency is kind of like whipped cream cheese or CoolWhip.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info....Im thinking some for the kidos as well...the grandson helped me do a gingerbread train and he loved it....

this would be better...I already have quite a bit of candy....I have duplicate cake tips I thought could be used...the kit I got had a outline tip...I was thinking I need a star tip!!

and the quarter scales would be sooo much fun! I love my village but a real gingerbread house be kewl to add into it! next yr holiday project!:bigwink:

I haven't done much in mini-decorating this year. Even the main decorations are skimpy. Don't seem to have the energy for it. I did get our PartyLite Olde World Village up, which is all "miniature" - complete with an ice-skating rink this time. But The Appleby Cottage is getting ready for Christmas - although I don't think I'll be finished until Christmas Day!  Grandma has already arrived and is cooking up a storm, and wealthy Uncle Rodney has arrived from the Big City with his little daughter. I'll post pictures when it's ready.

I finished my gingerbread house and went totally off the deep end with frosting. It looks okay but I might have been happier with it when it was less insane. It was fun though.

gingerbread70.jpggingerbread71.jpggingerbread76.jpggingerbread77.jpg

More pics and details on my blog: http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=9659

On 12/21/2015, 12:26:22, rodentraiser said:

Emily, I had one of those little hanging baskets and gave it to my boss one year when we had a gift exchange. I've regreted it ever since. She wasn't worth that darling hanging basket. I also notice the Hallmark stove there too. hee hee.

The hanging basket isn't too expensive if you want to buy yourself another one! They sell for $10 or less on eBay.

I made the Christmas roombox last year. It also has a Hallmark fridge and a few other small ornaments. More pics in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?s=064d87a0be0b46fd53e1daa49491e7f5&app=gallery&album=7109

• Like 3

The cottage looks great!  I set up a holiday scene in the barn today.  :D  

Here on Greenleaf:

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/?app=gallery&module=gallery&controller=browse&album=4448

And, my blog:

http://www.otterine.com/blog/blog1.php/a-quiet-little-christmas

• Like 3

Love the scene, Brae! Great use of that Hallmark fridge (which I've found is slightly too small when you put it next to 1:12 kitchen stuff...)

CJ - love it! Is the girl playing with a dollhouse she got for Christmas? :)

On 12/25/2015, 1:13:47, fov said:

CJ - love it! Is the girl playing with a dollhouse she got for Christmas? :)

No, this is the visiting cousin. Her dad is the gentleman downstairs. Emily, on the steps, had to come downstairs to see her uncle, and her cousin ran upstairs to see her aunt and the dollhouse - probably not in that order! :)  (unfortunately, Auntie and Emily are permanently-seated resin dolls)  This Christmas I realized that this is first actual "house" I have to decorate! My other builds are places of business. It was fun decorating it and adding people to it. 

• Like 2

oh  my, these gingerbread houses are totally adorable! I've used that snow tex product and I really like it. These are just great. I love the piped spackle! I've got to do that with my kids next year of course it won't look like those but we'll have so much fun. And then get it out each year and you could add to it each year!

I love the Appleby Cottage too! What a cute name. You have it all arranged so perfectly, CJ.

Brae, your scene is so cute. I love that fridge too - like what we had on the back porch at our farm. It was still running strong in the 80s and up until the day my grandparents unplugged it. Those little mice all snuggled in their beds! I'm working on some of those ornament boxes myself right now. They have been so much fun. I haven't put the bead ornaments in yet though. 

• Like 1