nuttiwebgal

a few months ago I met an awesome lady who buys estate miniatures and works her magic and resales

on my first visit to her home I was surrounded by wonderful miniatures as she showed me her wonderful collection of vintage and antique miniatures...including gestalt house and 100yr old dolly that was her first purchase as a child...one item caught my eye...it was a gorgeous Queen Anne completely decorated including wiring with Chandeliers...after I ooooed and awwwwwed over what I have always felt was my dream dollhouse...she let me know that she was going to resell it after this yrs show season ended...it needs cleaning and a few shingles and paint touch ups....so we came to an agreement and this week the Queen will be coming home to live.....I am beyond excited....I know she is already decorated but I have a few plans of my own for a couple of the rooms....but for the Christmas season and till after we get moved I will fill her with all the wonderful items that I have collected over the yrs....

the challenge now is to coordinate a truck and strong hands for the moving.... I cant wait to get her here and take photos to share....

only here am I understood in my total giddy excitement!!!:clap::happydance::clap:

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, nuttiwebgal said:

a few months ago I met an awesome lady who buys estate miniatures and works her magic and resales

on my first visit to her home I was surrounded by wonderful miniatures as she showed me her wonderful collection of vintage and antique miniatures...including gestalt house and 100yr old dolly that was her first purchase as a child...one item caught my eye...it was a gorgeous Queen Anne completely decorated including wiring with Chandeliers...after I ooooed and awwwwwed over what I have always felt was my dream dollhouse...she let me know that she was going to resell it after this yrs show season ended...it needs cleaning and a few shingles and paint touch ups....so we came to an agreement and this week the Queen will be coming home to live.....I am beyond excited....I know she is already decorated but I have a few plans of my own for a couple of the rooms....but for the Christmas season and till after we get moved I will fill her with all the wonderful items that I have collected over the yrs....

the challenge now is to coordinate a truck and strong hands for the moving.... I cant wait to get her here and take photos to share....

only here am I understood in my total giddy excitement!!!:clap::happydance::clap:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nuttiwebgal said:

And we are as excited as you are! How wonderful that you were in the right place at the right time. Serendipity is awesome. :)

• Like 1

yes it is a massive house...it sits on a base with wheels now...perfect for little girls to play with BUT that is the first thing this old lady will be changing. it is going on a sturdy chest of drawers with wheels so I can sit in my chair to play and roll it around! I still cant believe it will be mine...I only dared to dream the dream of such a house! and I can tell you...Im pretty happy it is already put together lol!!!:punk:

• Like 2

I know your joy... I got a fully built dream house a few years back. I actually love pre-loved houses. I can tell you the magic of that beloved perfect match pre-built dream house-surprise-acquisition never fades.  I think it is a love at first sight situation when this happens --and I think the house loves you back. It obviously called to you--a perfect match!

photos photos photos please!!!!!

• Like 2

hopefully Wed but Thursday if not....have been rearranging my niche for the impending arrival!

I know the upper tower room is going to be "The Red Velvet Room" one of my fav books as a tween...still have a copy

and one of the downstair rooms will hold my collection of miniature blown glass from my favorite E-bay seller... and the attic will make a great miniaturist crafting room

other than that I have no other thoughts...until it is here and starts talking to me!! ...Holly...Edna thinks all her things from the Arthur would be lovely in the new house! Dave just rolls his eyes...she is much to fangled for his taste! :bigwink:

• Like 2

I had to wait all day while the poor thing set in the back of a uhaul for DH to get home and help me put  her in the place of honor in front of my big picture window....SIGH....

she is pretty much perfect just the way she is...and guess what...no green curtains...hahahahahahaha....not sure why I remembered or thought there was ...lol...

Im not happy to have nursery paper in the bedroom...but for now I have some nice nursery stuff that will look good there...and my red velvet room is currently green....although it is a rich green and I may be able to work with it...but for now I will fill it with some of my goodies and worry about redoing rooms after we move into our new digs....it is love!!!:punk:

• Like 2