travel trailer interior question

amyole

Since the Chantilly and I cannot come to an agreement over roofing materials (she is so demanding!), I started the travel trailer. The sheathing of the curved roof is a very thin veneer and it is held on with supporting sticks (kind of like beams, but it's a trailer). My question is how to hide these sticks on the inside. I would like it to look flush on the inside and do not have another piece of the veneer for the inside. I looked at the gallery and some have wallpaper in between the sticks. It does not look bad, I just want something flush if I can. Hopefully the trailer will not have the same attitude that the Chantilly has - only one diva at a time.

Supporting sticks/ beams?  When I built mine I just glued the veneer into place and then used masking tape to hold it in place until the glue dried.  RL RVs have beams that support the roof, with a ceiling material that covers the beams, the wiring and whatever else gets stashed u there during the build.  Back when we had our first RV and went to the manufacturer's plant they took us on a tour of the factory.

• 2 months later...