Finally Finished our Victorian Farmhouse

Mike and Robin

We are new to the Greenleaf Forums.   We purchased a ready made and furnished Garfield many years ago which started our Dollshouse fixation.  Purchased the Duracraft kit before that but it stayed in its box for years.  Well we finished it this week after 9 years of construction ( lots of breaks in between).

We have a Harrison still in the box waiting patiently. Next project is a Laser Design Ashley House and the RGT Queen Anne.

Just wanted to share the finished Duracraft.

Oh boy, cannot get my pic small enough to fit the max .49mb.  My pics are 3mbs

Michael, do introduce yourself in the Newcomer Forum.  My first Dura-Craft kit, the SF555, took me 3 1/2 years (I was also attending Nursing School at the time).  Have you tried resizing your pictures in Paint?

Welcome to the forums. Once you get 5 posts, you will be able to start an album. I can't help you with resizing because I use Linux, but most graphics and photo programs have a resizing option under "image" in the options at the top of the page. You will need to use the option for scaling them, or clicking a link beside a height and width box, so both hight and width are resized by the same amount.

Sorry I can't be more specific, since each piece of software is a little different.

Welcome and congratulations on a fine build.

As to picture issue - uploading pics directly into your post can become problematic down the road as there is a limit on how many attachments each user is allowed. When you max it out, you have to go back and delete some which leaves "holes" in the previous posts that can be confusing to readers.

If you create an album here on the forum, there is no limit on your uploaded pictures. You can directly link them into your post and have a win-win situation.

On a PC, using MS Paint and saving your picture to approx 800x600 pixels works great with the forum capabilities. Not sure how that works on mobile phones. I've not figured that out yet but some say you can simply email the picture to yourself and it auto-resizes in the process and you can upload from that.

Sounds like you have a great plan of new builds and lots of fun ahead.

That house is beautiful, now I want one!

Selkie is right about the album. As soon as you make one more post, you will be able to start one for yourself!

I have read a number of posts from as recently as October, but the image is no longer there. It's really disappointing when you want to go back and see something and it's gone. Plus, with an album, we would be able to see more pictures!

3 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

That house is beautiful, now I want one!

Selkie is right about the album. As soon as you make one more post, you will be able to start one for yourself!

I have read a number of posts from as recently as October, but the image is no longer there. It's really disappointing when you want to go back and see something and it's gone. Plus, with an album, we would be able to see more pictures!

Kathie, you may want to check your preferences. You might have a time limit set to be able to see old items. I think I can't see things past 100 days because that's how my settings are saved. I need to look at this more.

Mike and Robin. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. We are learning a new system.

• Like 1

Thanks Sable, I'll check them!

Mike and Robin, I just googled your house, and it turns out it is the Duracraft Victorian Mansion, rather than the farmhouse. From what I can see, it was discontinued in 1994 or 1995, so you have a real treasure there!

Thanks for the comments.  We have some photos of the interior ready but will work out how to do and album.

We purchased the houses during our full time working years and now we are on a retiree budget we have to look for "deals" on furniture.  We have some so will show what we have.  We really are in awe of those houses that are fully furnished.  We will get there one day. 

Mike, check into Patricia King's books, she has a knack for making truly fab stuff out of "bits & bobs".  There are also some excellent book out there with plans for making real 1:12 furniture.  I have some of Jane Harrops' books.

Another option is ebay: I buy a lot of damaged furniture, repair and refinish it. Or I look for really cheap ones that have potential to look great. Then there is also several blogs and tutorials online to build furniture and like Holly said - several books with cutting plans and instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

By any chance do you have any photos of the finished interior of your Duracraft Victorian Mansion?  There is one for sale right now on craigslist (a good 5-6 hour drive each way from me) and they said its stored in a location where they can't get any photos of the interior.  I'd love to see what the inside looks like before I make an offer and/or have to make that drive.  They said it is really big.  Do you happen to know about how high the ceilings are? 

And what do you think about yours now that you've finished it?

They're asking $150 for the dollhouse but that drive.... UGH.

00N0N_f3OjtCRQ59s_600x450.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thank you Cheverly.  I don't need the info anymore.  I found the dollhouse to be SO BIG so I did the fixing and sold it.  I probably lost a little on THAT endeavor but learned a valuable lesson - Bigger is not necessarily better when dollhouses are concerned.  thanks though.  Pat

• Like 1