My First Dollhouse, The Willowcrest

JustCallMeAnna

Couldn't tell you how old I was when I got it, but I know it was for Christmas... maybe in the late 80's or early 90's. My father put it together with my mothers assistance. They painted the outside and let me do what I wanted with the inside. Children and paint, oh my!

I remember being the envy of all of the neighborhood girls. We spent hours upon hours sitting at my tea time table playing with that dollhouse. It was very well loved!

As I grew up though, I spent less and less time with it, until it eventually ended up out in the storage barn. And it stayed there until I left my exhusband and needed to make room in the barn for my childrens things. I sold it at a yardsale for $20. Oh, how I kick myself now!!! The things I could do for it now!

The only pictures I have of it are from when I got it out to sell it.

dollhouse.jpg

dollhouse1.jpg

• Like 3

My first dollhouse was the newburg givin to me by my ex husband on one of my birthdays. I too sold that when we split up and i had to move. I think about it often and how much hard work i put into it. I remember i made "wood" floors out of scrap book paper that was an image of wood i got at Micheals crafts cut into strips and layed like wood planking. It was very realistic looking.

4 hours ago, Minis On The Edge said:

I wish I had pictures of my house that my mom built me! At least you have great memories and the priceless picture! And you can still find these kits online :) thank you for sharing your memories. 

I called my mother in hopes that she would have pictures of it after they finished it... maybe even tell me what year they gave it to me! But, alas... she's still looking. I knew that I had taken pictures of it to post on craigslist, but that was a desktop and two laptops ago! Had the wild thought to check my snapfish account and sure enough, there it was! While trying to figure out what house it was, I did eventually come across it on the Greenleaf site!

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

So, Anna, when will you build another Willowcrest for yourself?

When I saw it on the Greenleaf site, this was the first thought I had! Followed by the curiosity as to whether my father and I could build it together! Distance is certainly an issue there, but how amazing that would be!!!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, nuttiwebgal said:

The Willowcrest is my alltime favorite house to build and I adore the look....ranks top stars and I vote you do another! lol

I often find myself "window shopping" online... secretly plotting my next dollhouse purchase (I've been forbidden to obtain anymore that will permanently reside in our home due to tiny living spaces). The only way it could possibly happen would be if my brother and his wife have a baby girl (said baby, would inherit the nearly complete RGT Beach Bungalow), I figured that by the time I finish my Bora Tea bash and then get back around to shingling the Beach Bungalow and finishing the porch that it could then be safely put away at my brothers.

If they have a boy though... This is where my plan falls to pieces!!!

• Like 2

On 12/26/2015, 8:47:41, stickyfingers said:

Move to a bigger house! Or install deep shelving units and go vertical!  

If only it were that simple! Most of the shelving that I have is consumed with yarn (I have a shameful crochet problem), the shelving unit in the living room already has a (work in progress) dollhouse on it taking up three shelves. Itty bitty living spaces! Got to love it!

I can only look forward to the day my boys move out... which won't be any time soon!

19 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I have no shame.  My boxes of yarn and crochet threads take up the entire end of my craft room closet.

It's shameful because the yarn takes up an entire wall in my bedroom.

Incredibly envious of all of you that have craft rooms!

• Like 1