Painting, Good or Bad?

netosha

the interior has some wall paper on the walls. It seems to look like accent walls. I am not sure if maybe my father did not have a lot of time remaining to do it before  Christmas or if he liked the wood color. I'll have to ask him! 

Edited by netosha
Clarification

I just wanted to keep everyone updated. I have added some photos of the painting which has started! It is going well so far. I am really liking the colors, I need to get a smaller brush or maybe cut the handle down a little to get into the tighter spots. I am glad that I decided to paint. :) 

• Like 2

Looking great! Have you considered adding fishscale shingles to the triangular part? That way you could paint them off the house and glue them in already painted, it might be easier than trying to get your hand and brush up in the eaves.

Greenleaf sells shingles in strips if you want to try it: http://shop.greenleafdollhouses.com/Search.aspx?Keyword=shingles

• Like 1

I am out visiting the grandchildren right now,  and my granddaughter wanted to know what her San Fran would have looked like without paint, so I went to your album to show her your house.  Then I saw your painting.  It is looking so nice!

• Like 1

Here you go guys. I have been spending every extra second on this house! I just posted the roof and what all three colors look like together! I am so excited! Let me know what you think or if you have any good suggestions on window or door painting!!! I may just stain them. Seems like it could be easier. 

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

On my monitor the wall looks like your main color and beige, which is pretty,  but I couldn't distinguish the third color.  I really do dislike computer monitors for trying to distinguish colors!

Yes it is hard to even get a photo that gives it justice. The third color is on the scrolls. It is called Seahawks grey. It is similar to the beige but it is a bit darker. Once I get the front done I think it will be more noticeable (I hope), if not I can change it!