Garfield interior wall move

Sapphire-Star

Hi,

Has anyone moved the interior bathroom wall over to make a passageway to the 2nd bedroom to make it more realistic?

Am thinking of making a removable wall for the bathroom so its more logical than having to walk thru the bathroom to get to the 2nd bedroom. This would mean that I'd need to have a banister for the left side of the 2nd staircase and this is where it gets complicated. I'm thinking of making interior walls for the lounge and dining room so I wouldn't need the banister for there so I'm debating whether to either cut off the wall part of the ground floor stairs and use that banister for the 2nd staircase which makes sense to do so.

Any views on my idea before I commit this to reality?

• Like 1

I moved the wall of the bathroom over to create a hallway. I added a removable front wall piece with the entrance door to complete the bathroom. Here is the floor plan I created.

5681fa3d0dee0_Garfield2ndfloorlayout.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I only tiled out part way for the bathroom and then carpeted a hallway across the back of the house (the open side).  I also built a wall in the master bedroom (it was a library at the time) to extend the hall to the original master bedroom entrance. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 24/12/2015, 12:26:58, Sapphire-Star said:

Hi,

Has anyone moved the interior bathroom wall over to make a passageway to the 2nd bedroom to make it more realistic?

Am thinking of making a removable wall for the bathroom so its more logical than having to walk thru the bathroom to get to the 2nd bedroom. This would mean that I'd need to have a banister for the left side of the 2nd staircase and this is where it gets complicated. I'm thinking of making interior walls for the lounge and dining room so I wouldn't need the banister for there so I'm debating whether to either cut off the wall part of the ground floor stairs and use that banister for the 2nd staircase which makes sense to do so.

Any views on my idea before I commit this to reality?

Hi I have planned to move the bathroom wall, and I am about to order the extra sheet ?? I think it may be thirty. It is the one for the lower floor stairs just below the stairs near the bathroom. If my thinking is correct, the piece of the stairs opposite the kitchen/dining room door, should be the same size and shape for the side of the stairs above. Well that is my thinking. I have not quite got to that stage yet but I removed the bathroom furniture from their boxes and sat them on some graph paper to work out the size for the bathroom as well as the hallway between the bathroom and the stairs that we are talking about. as for the shape of the upper portion of the new bathroom wall I will see more clearly when The floor is in and I can then judge with the flooring above it. I have already drilled a 2" hole near the round window which will go into the bathroom, it is a close fit but it will work as the new window does not seem to be in the road of the slanting roof just above it. Old round window is then in the new hallway. As your post is dated 24/12/2015, I can only assume that you have worked all this out. Please let us know how you got on. Did you wire your Garfield, and if so how?  This is my major problem at the moment and a problem I keep hesitating to start , because of it size and shape. Dianne A.