What mini items or tools did you get for Christmas?

Sable

- a storybook cottage kit - from my daughter, she says to me, I think it should be a bakery.

a cricut air from my husband, I know nothing about cricut, hopefully I can use it for my house building .... I'm wondering if I can use it to make a bannister ...

my daughter also gave me a tiny powder and mirror set, super tiny

Merry Christmas to you all!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, miaowmiaow said:

Aside from the Garfield kit (!!!), I also got a Dremel 200. Very interested to see what kinds of uses it has for making miniatures...

In addition to sanding fiddly bits I use mine to drill and rout.

From my husband a Samsung 3 phone, So I can go to YouTube.com , pull up burning crackling fireplace use it inside my 1/6 scale fireplace and let it run as long as I want. It runs off our WiFi, Yesterday had 2 phones going in the upstairs fireplaces,  also Transiberian Orchestra music video pulled up on the Amazon Fire Kindle , then I just sat there and watched the snow fall outside the Manor house Gothic windows. Usually I am building or working on something when I have the fireplaces going but that time it was for the pure fun of it!

• Like 3

Hubby went to my Micro-Mark wish list.  I got a Chop It for cutting and mitering, Pin Insertion Pliers for tiny brads and nails, and tiny Brass Bar Clamps for miniature furniture.  Be a bit before I can finally get back to minis.

• Like 2

My hubby gave me a modern chair, my first modern piece of furniture.  I don't have any vision yet for this project. 

My in law gave me a porch swing, the Asahi tea house with the additions of roof, porch and green house. 

It's my first laser cut house. I am so giddy to start. 

• Like 3

My sister gave me a cupboard she had painted up and worn, sorta shabby chic style. 

and I got vouchers for Bunnings (hardware) and Spotlight (fabrics/crafts.. A bit like JoAnn's) which will be put towards building materials and such.. Already hit Bunnings yesterday to get paint, wood & paintbrushes :)

• Like 1

I got a trip to Mo to clean out my storage unit...so I got a room full of houses in various state of completion...since I got the queen I decided today I will be completing a few of the houses for donation for Christmas next yr....

I ordered myself shelving units for the Queens glass room and the cutest lil pink princess phone...and a turntable for the Queen....

it has been a wonderful mini Christmas season!:bear:

• Like 1

On 12/25/2015, 10:21:56, Sable said:

Santa brought me two sets of bed pillows hand made by Otterine.  I always admired her bed pillows and could never replicate her talent. Thank you Santa and Otterine!

Aw, thank you (and Santa)!!!  :D

I received cross stitch charting software, so perhaps I'll make some original designs this year and put them in my etsy shop.

• Like 3

On December 25, 2015 at 6:07:25 PM, jdodyd said:

My husband got me the MicroMark magnetic gluing jig.  So happy to be married to a man who totally gets my dollhouse hobby (or obsession.)

Me too! (Well, we ordered it online together, but it arrived Xmas eve :) )

I'd be interested in those, brae! Well I got the good/bad thing this year. The bad is I came down with bronchitis and had to rush over to the emergency clinic Christmas eve morning as my regular MD had given everyone the day off for a long weekend holiday. The bright side is I was able to squeak into my local pharmacy as his last order of the day, since he was closing early. Also, this Dr. I saw gave me the most marvelous cough medicine with alcohol and codeine, so it stopped it in its tracks. Awesome, since by then my whole body especially my abs was hurting from the violence of the coughing. And the antibiotic is kicking the germs' butts. The good thing is I got the ever popular choose your own option when it comes to minis. Ho ho ho...Santa left some nice cash and so did my brother and aunt. Decisions, decisions...

On December 25, 2015 at 4:24:05 PM, Debora59 said:

From my husband a Samsung 3 phone, So I can go to YouTube.com , pull up burning crackling fireplace use it inside my 1/6 scale fireplace and let it run as long as I want. It runs off our WiFi, Yesterday had 2 phones going in the upstairs fireplaces,  also Transiberian Orchestra music video pulled up on the Amazon Fire Kindle , then I just sat there and watched the snow fall outside the Manor house Gothic windows. Usually I am building or working on something when I have the fireplaces going but that time it was for the pure fun of it!

This is very interesting! I have never heard of doing that - very clever. 

14 hours ago, BriJohn said:

I got a Ken Byers typewriter and fan from my husband! I got mini red and a green kitchenaid mixers, a mini swan painting, and a mini horse painting from my kids. 

Nicely done, Briana!!! :clap: 

I wasn't going to open the kit until after the next build was done (riiiiight....) but I took out the instructions for the Glencroft. Yikes...so ALL of the bits and pieces of the whole front of the house go on all at once? I'll be doing a lot of dry fitting! I have started a notebook for the house, jotting down random ideas. Stone! Brick! Stucco! Stained wood!  

• Like 1

I didn't get any mini stuff for x-mas. Whenever I mention the idea to my husband, he says he doesn't know what I need/want for my dh's. But I did get an Ebay gift card from my sister in law, so I think I'll save that for when I see something I really want.

My birthday is a week before Christmas, so I get double gifts or nothing at all depending on the budget! This year, my kids got me a cordless Dremel which is awesome because my old one was about 15 years old and was really clunky difficult to get to and set up. The new one sits right behind me in my work space and is easy to grab and go!

The hubs let me pick out a tool that I wanted. I didn't want to be greedy, so I bought a cut off saw, blades and more clamps from Harbor Freight. That thing is awesome! Small enough to leave set up on top of my storage drawer unit, but works well for most trims and cuts that I need to make! All of this for under $40!

My generous parents gave me $100 for my birthday, so I was able to buy the Sugarplum kit and some of the speed shingle strips. My kids went in together on a Christmas gift - a $150.00 Amazon gift card, so I restocked some basic supplies and ordered flower and plant making stuff (paper, punches etc).

I am grateful to have supplies and materials to start off the new year with some fun projects!

• Like 1