Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hello from Perth, Ontario, Canada

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone here in the Greenleaf community.  I have been involved in dollhouse building for approximately 10 years.  I love rescuing old & ruined dollhouses and revamping them to give to one of my 10 granddaughters or to give for donation. I have built the Pierce ands several others (long story) but I am presently re-styling a Beacon Hill and need some support with it.  I have done approximately 11 houses, including a store, forestation, barn etc.  I do not work anymore and I spend most alone time working with my dollhouse projects.  i have a wee dog and an African Grey who keep me company and in the real world when I am preoccupied.  It is an addiction of fun proportions and expensive when I let myself get carried away.    for me, Thursdays are a time set aside that I meet with other enthusiasts in Marrickville for chat, help, & anything miniature.  I will post some p photos to accompany anything that seems necessary when I need help.  Thank you again for reading my post and allowing me to be a part of a large community where others with this addiction can meet, share & source.  Again Thanks Kate McDougall

Hi Kate - and welcome to you and your little furbabies!  This is THE place to be for help, support and chat for all things mini-related and more. Can't wait to see some pictures of your projects - you don't have to wait until you need help to post pictures....we are a wonderful bunch and can't wait to help out with your addictions  projects! :groupwave:

1 person likes this

Hello! I have a lot of Canadian relatives, but none near Ontario. Where do you find your dollhouses? I have never once seen one at a garage sale, thrift, or curbside, but apparently lots of other people find them that way. I missed out on a $20 partially built Garfield (!!!!!) a few weeks ago, and I'm still sad about it. I like to restore all sorts of things, and did restore my childhood dollhouse, but would love to try another. I'd love to see some of your work, too.

Anyway, welcome aboard!  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• Hello Everyone, I’m so excited to be here
      By Lula
      Oh my goodness, I so happy I found this forum. Super excited to get to know all these creative minds.  I have zero experience building dollhouses - well as an art student 100 years ago in HS, I did create a miniature Shakespearian Scene for my English teacher. That’s it!
      My husband purchase this dollhouse for my at a Fleamarket. I’m planning on rehabbing it ;-) 
      xxx-ooo

• Newbie in Ohio
      By DeniSue
      Hi! I'm new to the miniature and dollhouse world. I'm from Ohio. I never thought I would own a dollhouse even though I've always loved them. Surprisingly my mother bought me the Beacon Hill kit for my 52nd birthday. I was in complete shock! I have no idea where to start past reading the directions and thinking "oh my, what have I gotten myself into?" I need help starting from the very beginning. 
    • 1:16 scale furniture in 1:12 scale house?
      By mininewbie
      Hello there,
      I am new to the mini community but have been an admirer for years.   I am giving my daughter a house full of furniture for Christmas this year and in the last two days have learned a lot of things about scale that I had no idea existed.   My problem is that I fell in love with some 1:16 scale furniture and ordered it not knowing that the home kits are specific sizes.   I LOVE the 1:12 scale homes more than the 1:16 scale home and am wondering if the 1:16 scale furniture will look terrible in a 1:12 scale home?   I plan on using all 1:16 scale furniture and dolls. 
      Do any of you have both a 1:12 scale home and 1:16 scale furniture that you could show me a picture of the size difference.  I've searched everywhere online and have only been able to find pictures of the furniture compared to each other but not a 1:12 scale home with all 1:16 scale furniture inside.  
      Thank you so much!   I'm sure as I get building, I will have a million more questions as well. 
    • New Here - Introduction
      By Msdemeanr
      Hi, new member here and wanted to introduce myself. I built a Harrison for my daughter several years ago; and although I was in over my head for a first timer, I enjoyed myself so much I wanted to build another one although I couldn’t justify building one if I wasn’t making it for someone (I’m not a collector (yet)). It’s been about 8 years, but I’m jumping back in with an Orchid kit that I’m kind of envisioning as a beach cottage. I’m excited for my winter project and really grateful for all the expertise and inspiration I’m finding here. I live in Virginia just outside of Washington DC.

• Newburg N180 Dollhouse - New In Box, Unopened, unassembled
      By bsieck
      Hello, 
      My dad pulled this out of the attic and gave it to me - however I don't have any children and all the nieces and nephews are too old to want to play with it. I hope that this will go to a collector who will enjoy it or someone whose kids will enjoy it. I am not sure what it is worth. I have it listed on Craigslist.

It has never been opened. Looks like the box might have some minimal damage from being almost 30 years old (1990), but nothing that would damage the dollhouse. 

Link and pictures:  http://cosprings.craigslist.org/atq/6192343996.html  

Thanks for looking.