Vermont farmhouse jr additions

jdforsten21

To be honest the additions to this dollhouse scare me more than putting the main dollhouse together. I'm so afraid the additions will not match up with the main house. Does anyone have experience building these additions? Is it better to add the additions to the shell of the dollhouse before working on the roof or should I wait until I have the main dollhouse completely assembled before adding? Thanks!

The additions to the RGT houses are designed to match perfectly at the base and 2nd floor as long as you have the addition that is specifically designed for the house.  No problem there.  When I built my RGT house and addition, I didn't attach the addition to the main house because I knew I would never get that big a house through the doorway in one piece.  There is no problem building the main house completely and finishing the roof (the roofs do not touch each other) before doing the addition except for putting siding on the side of the house where the addition will be.  I did a dry fit and marked the outline of the addition on the outside wall of the main house and then put siding up to the line (You don't want siding on the inside of the room addition.)  As for doors, I used false doors on either side of the wall between the main house and the addition.  I didn't want to actually cut a hole in the wall of the main house.  If you do what Havanaholly suggests and do a dry fit of the main house and the addition, I'll bet you will be able to figure out a plan.  Good luck.

• Like 1

My Vermont Jr has two additions. I had no problems with getting them to match up; I did cut holes for doors, but the pieces themselves are not joined together permanently. I still have some work to do camouflaging the joins in one of the holes, two were done with just molding.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

My Vermont Jr has two additions. I had no problems with getting them to match up; I did cut holes for doors, but the pieces themselves are not joined together permanently. I still have some work to do camouflaging the joins in one of the holes, two were done with just molding.

Your Vermont Jr.  is beautiful! You have given me alot of inspiration! 

• 2 months later...