Help with plugs, outlets, covers?

kokomo

Very Good Holly...........I have a similar product down in the workshop.  Will round it up in the morning.

Hope to get some additional help from other members in the morning.

Planning on getting back to the outlets tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks again 

I called Cir-Kit Concepts This morning and got some ideas for fixing my socket installation problems.  Talked to a fellow Senior and got the following.  After finding the tape wire with probe, Make the initial installation holes with a very small tack. Cut  a short piece of bare wire to insert in the hole. Bend over a sixteenth inch piece over the outside of the hole. Continue with normal installation.  Should work.  I am going to pick a little wallpaper off around each hole so the small bit of wire will make contact with ribbon.  I will let you know how this works out tomorrow.

Thanks to all.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Over and Out Silver Dollar:deal: 

I HAVE SUCCESS............I have installed three working sockets in my library. Only 15 to go.

Used a combination of installation methods as well as my magnification head set. Thanks Holly for reminding me about the head sets. One thing I used was a fine sewing needle in my finger drill to start the holes. I also have a triple checked lamp to test each socket as I go.

Thanks to all for your help.

• Like 1

ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT..........Six more outlets in this morning for a total of nine. I am half way there on the outlets.

After the outlets I'll start on sconces and chandeliers.  Boy is this tedious. My wife is so excited that the lighting is coming together;

SILVER DOLLAR OUT :doh:

• Like 2

What a job. Finished 18 Outlets and I am ready to move on to the overhead lighting.  I have 12 overhead lights. Some are two to six light bulbs.  Took me four hours this morning.  I am ready to take my wife Margo out to a nice lunch because she has to listen to me.

On to the overhead lighting in the morning.

SILVER DOLLAR OUT

• Like 1

The interior lighting project goes on.  Over the last few days I have mounted three wall sconces, two bare bulb lights, and one bedroom chandelier.  Installed new small plugs on four older lamps. The work on my interior lighting is slow going because the plywood i used on the basic construction is very hard. When I started the house I used any scrap wood I could find and  now the wood has aged over forty years. It is taking a longer time also because I have been having considerable eye strain. Three to four hours at a time is about my limit. The work is turning out really good. The use of the industrial Velcro is also working well.  Done for today, need to rest my eyes.

Silver Dollar Out...............

Thank you so much Sable, I think the work I see on this site is fantastic. I am just an old guy who wants to finish this project for his family and their children to come. Did I tell you that I went to the trophy store and had a engraved plaque made with the hand down names for who gets the house.  Placed several blank spaces for future use.  I have let everyone know that I would haunt whoever disposes of the house.    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Hood said:

I have let everyone know that I would haunt whoever disposes of the house.    

I wish my grandmother had done that. We had a “legacy house”, a house meant to be passed on from generation to generation, built by a carpenter during The Depression. She gave it to my father’s cousin in the early 30’s and then she to my 3 sisters and I in 1960.  In 1990, it was dismantled somehow and placed in duffel bags on a plane from NY to London to reside with my sister and her daughter. It was rebuilt, sort of, and placed in an outbuilding on her property. I guess the English weather in the outbuilding wasn’t kind to it so it ended up in a bonfire. I think your plaque will send a very strong message.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I should send out an update on the installation of the electrical features.  Two days ago i finished all the chandeliers.  I thought my eye would fall right out of my head. Check and recheck is what its all about. All of my sockets are working. All of my plugs are working.  My wife and i are moving everything back in to the house.  Now that we have all the lighting we are rearranging items so that the occupants can have good seating to read by.  Now is the time to install the 25 family photos i reduced several years ago, hand made frames included.  Using mounting putty to install even thou I mounted small picture wire.  Made a new purchase today for the attack. Found a scale set of drums, since I am a retired drummer.  Some time later this week I will add the updated pictures to my album. I am going to need a few days to rest my eyes.  Thanks again for all of the support from you kind folks.

Silver Dollar Over and Out  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Hood said:

...All of my sockets are working...I am going to need a few days to rest my eyes...

But if ALL of your sockets are working, shouldn't that include your eyes?

• Like 1

Hi Holly............You are so right.  Had to increase the font size to see what I was saying.

The most difficult position was working on the first floor ceiling with those small wires and eyelets.

By the way the Velcro worked great.

Goodnight :eek: