Double Crossed by Double Face tape

Boca1212

Ok, so Second build ever - this time I'm paying attention - I pieced together a French Parquet floor for a second floor common area - the flooring was glued to a brown card stock template and online advice had me install the finish product into the room with double face tape (primed wood to card stock). The floor stayed down for a while but now its popping up in a couple of spots - I cannot completely remove the floor as other walls have gone in after the assembled floor was installed - Any suggestions - I can lift it up somewhat and get some sort of adhesive under it - but now I would be gluing card stock to a not so sticky double face tape - :dunno:    What adhesive ?

DR

I installed a similar floor in 3Bears and had a plank lift. I read about using superglue because it will soak through and adhere if you haven't sealed the wood yet. This worked for me, and then I sealed the floor with triple-thick after (which you want to let set for several days).

if you haven't sealed the floor so the glue can penetrate you might want to try this since you have walls in place. I suggest you experiment on some scrap first so you can see if it works and whether or not it changes the wood color. I noticed a tiny bit of shine after doing this, but since I'd planned to seal the wood, it didn't matter.

Good luck :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A. Wright said:

I'd go with the above suggestion of using some type of needled nose glue applicator to insert glue, and then use a hardcover heavy book to hold it down flat to dry.

And be sure to put a couple of layers of wax paper between the book and the floor before you weight it!!!

I'm on it folks -- thanks for the advice 

The Card stock that the flooring is glued to is kinda heavy so i don't anticipate any adhesive getting through it to affect the wood flooring which does have 3 coats of satin clear on it ...no stain just clear, the wood is Cherry so I opted not to stain it. I'm more worried about any adhesive I choose playing nice with the tape which I cannot remove - The cove molding when it goes in will also hold it down on the perimeter... I will try a test situation and see how it goes

Thanks again

Danny