Arthur Renovation: Porch removal help

TotallyNotACat

I'm renovating an Arthur that my parents built for my grandmother. Thankfully, despite my dad's usual attention to detail, they used hot glue on everything. I think. Probably, anyway.

I've managed to find tons of great tips so far (hair drier on hot glue? OF COURSE!) but I haven't found any ideas for getting this porch off. The roof is mostly detached from the front. I can see where the tabs are, but no sign of hot glue there. In fact, I don't see hot glue where the porch roof meets the supports either. That makes me nervous. The inside isn't decorated at all. Total bare wood. So I can see the tabs pretty well.

Does anyone have any idea how to start? I haven't seen any good pictures of the standard porch assembly, so I'm not sure how to do it backwards.dpNXE86l.jpg

F0IkLkcl.jpg

62Kx8kVl.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TotallyNotACat said:

It does! I also just got the roof off the porch. It was terrifying.

I'm glad you managed to get the roof off. as I looked at the instructions in the link I sent you, I saw that it didn't have a porch roof on that one.

Oh, awesome! These should help too! I was surprised to see that the front of the house is two pieces instead of one, on my house, and on that blog! Easier to fit it into a box, of course.

I'm sorely, sorely tempted to take off the main roof so I can wallpaper and spray paint more easily. I just am not sure hot it'll go. I love this house, but it makes my apartment reek of mildew. The sooner I can get that covered with Kilz, the better.

• Like 1