Beacon Hill - Am I missing something?

vbharrington

I bought a Beacon Hill kit from Craig's list and the seller assured me that all of the parts are there.  Since we were snowed in today, I thought I'd check off the sheets to make sure I did indeed have all of the pieces.  At first glance, I thought I was in the clear, then I realized that some door trims and stair bannisters were not in the box (they were supposed to be on sheets in widow and door cut outs, so I figure they may have been lost - but for $50 for the kit, cutting some trim wouldn't be a problem)  However, I am now missing sheet 14, which (on the schematics) has pieces of the Mansard Roof, two pieces of the tower roof, and various pieces of door trim, fireplace trim, and bay window trim.  But, the pieces of Mansard roof, and the tower roof are included in the box as cut into two thin pieces of veneer.  So, here's my question: Can anyone tell me if I am indeed missing sheet #14, or are the trims from that page on other sheets.  There was an additional sheet of paper that stated to use it (that sheet) to identify the Mansard roof, tower roof, and dormer sections instead of the original schematics.  However, it didn't mention the other pieces on the wood sheet #14.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  I need to know if I need to order a replacement sheet or not.  Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You have it right.  Got me confused too.  You will use the thin veneer sheets.  Seems they improved the roofs, but did not take out the old sheet 14.

Have fun, I am also working on the BH, my first build, and it has been challenging, but there is tons of help here.

• Like 1