Spring Swap 2016

chesterfieldzoo

Ok, so it's a go! I will give it until tuesday for anyone else to sign up.

I have 7 people so far: polymermini2, LadyGunn, Anna, vbharrington, Shamrockgirl18, smjsome, nuttiwebgal

There is no theme - but please, no holiday items (not everyone does holidays). You make what you do best. If it can be timeless, that would be great. Scale is 1/12.  Closing date is Tuesday January 26. Items are due to me by Wednesday, March 10 (so be sure to mail them with enough time to get to me). Should you have to drop out, please let me know asap. It's not fair to the others to put in  time on an item if they don't have to. I will mail it all out sooner if I get it all sooner. Please enclose $6 for postage. If it is less, I refund, if it's more, I cover it. I do this for fun, I don't expect anyone to make me an item because they have to - it's optional.

It doesn't matter what it costs to make the item, but the VALUE of the finished product should be worth $5-10. Please package each item individually so I don't have to unwrap and rewrap them.

While you all know who is participating, what you are making is a secret! If you have any questions, you can ask me or tell me what you are making. Hints are fine to tease other participants with. Items should be the same but don't have to be identical (like a blue one, a purple one, etc)

I will message each person with my address and they can give me theirs.

That is all I can think of right now.

• Like 3

I haven't done any miniatures in a long time. This could be a good way to jump start the mini machine, but I can't think of a proper item. <thinking> If anyone cares to PM with with suggestions, I'm open.

• Like 2

I dont have particular ideas for anyone to do but here is how I decided...it spring theme....

spring...garden...planting.... spring cleaning...then I thought about diff projects I had done lately.....or any I felt I could or wanted to try in the catagories

I started with one item....which grew into my full idea... and if you are a newcomer to swaps....it is not unacceptable to make a few items as your one item....

hope that helps!!:cheer:

• Like 1

Have a couple ideas for items I've made for my own houses, if I can find the templates. My mini stuff is in a mess after the move, and I sold or gave a lot of it away, so not sure what materials/supplies I have on hand for accessories. Need to do a quick inventory, asap! I have until the 26th to decide, right?  <fingers itching to get started, may have to do the inventory now!>

• Like 3

there is something to be said of being organised...it is only because I have been in every tub and box the last few weeks so I know all the stuff I DO have...dont think I will need to shop at all......is that a sad state of things! :dunno:

LOL Nutti, sometimes the sorting and going through items the fun in itself :) atleast for me... 

Right now I have My prototype almost Done, awaiting a drying session prior to be able to finish it to see IF it mght work...

Hugs

• Like 2

I had great plans to pick up a few things I needed this weekend but the snow we had pretty much shut us down (SC does not do winter weather well).  However, I hope to have my prototypes done within the next week so that I can decide if I am going to go with that idea or if I will have to start over with another project.

She said there was no theme... just nothing holiday related. And $5-10 (I'm having some difficulty with this, as things I have thought of making and then checking around trying to find similar items to make sure mine will be within our limits... shocks me.) I'm astounded by what people are charging for things.

Which brings me to a question... If I think something is worth $5 (yet someone somewhere has made something comparable and is charging much more) is it still acceptable?!

For the life me...

make something you would like to receive.....

when it is finished think...would I pay for this? and then send it anyway! if you overthink it....it will never be good enough

and of course it WILL!

No theme. Make what you want. Indoor, outdoor.

As far as value, go with Nutti's advice. Look at it and think if you would pay $5-10 for it.

Final count is 9 people. I am experimenting with something. If it works out, I will gift one to anyone who sends something for me. (no guarantee I will get them done, so I am still an optional person)

• Like 3

On 1/22/2016, 8:08:09, chesterfieldzoo said:

I have 7 people so far: polymermini2, LadyGunn, Anna, vbharrington, Shamrockgirl18, smjsome, nuttiwebgal

On 1/26/2016, 9:29:04, chesterfieldzoo said:

Aggie and Justcallmeanna has joined. So that is nine people.

I'm new to the swap game as well, but IF I understand correctly... there are 9 of us swapping and Deana is "hosting." So you would make 8 items to send to her (9 if you would like to gift the host). Someone with more knowledge on the subject correct me if I'm wrong!!!

I'm having a blast with this! I debated with myself and nearly waited to last minute to join... and then I made more little things and decided they weren't enough or too much. And then it hit me two nights ago! Oh how I wish I could blurt it all out and tell everyone all about my progress! But I can't! And I won't! So I've been sharing all of my excitement with my Aunt (who does not mini, other than to pick up houses for me to rehab for the Children's Home) and bless her heart for dealing with all of my excitement!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JustCallMeAnna said:

I'm new to the swap game as well, but IF I understand correctly... there are 9 of us swapping and Deana is "hosting." So you would make 8 items to send to her (9 if you would like to gift the host). Someone with more knowledge on the subject correct me if I'm wrong!!!

I'm having a blast with this! I debated with myself and nearly waited to last minute to join... and then I made more little things and decided they weren't enough or too much. And then it hit me two nights ago! Oh how I wish I could blurt it all out and tell everyone all about my progress! But I can't! And I won't! So I've been sharing all of my excitement with my Aunt (who does not mini, other than to pick up houses for me to rehab for the Children's Home) and bless her heart for dealing with all of my excitement!

You may want to make 10 items. Deana says it's optional, but good manners dictates including one to thank the host -- she's going to a lot of effort to facilitate this exchange, eh? And for sure you want to keep one for yourself!

If you want to share what you're making, you could always PM a non-participant.  :)

• Like 2

For safety's sake, I'm making 11. The first is the practice (where I have no expectations, purely hope)! But even it is coming out grand!!!

My oldest son has been helping me with sorting, everyone has their own ziploc and as parts are made he puts them in the appropriate baggy. Such a grand help!

• Like 1