Hello from Mass

Ashlie

Hello everyone! I just found this forum which I think will be great considering I am quite new to miniatures and need the help. I've been interested in miniatures for almost two years, but only about four months ago I managed to procure a dollhouse in need of work. I've been steadily fixing it up and turning it into a beach house. I can't wait to get other miniaturists (who know what they're actually doing) imput on my creations. 

On 1/25/2016, 8:28:08, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, Ashlie.  Which house are you rehabbing?  When you have made five posts you can share pictures of your sow's-ear-into-silk-purse project with us.

I actually have no idea what this house is! It was on a table on someones' lawn with a $10 sign on it. It was completely unfinished and obviously just used to play with, but it was fairly solid, a decent size, and full of furniture. All I can tell you is that its made of a really solid plywood with white melmine (sp?) on the outside, had fairly chunky looking slots to fit it together, and had been hot glued in spots. I had to add some nails and L-brackets to make it not wiggle so much. 

21 hours ago, amyole said:

Welcome from your neighbor to the north!

Thanks! I actually grew up in NH, Cheshire county! Have you ever been to the miniature shop in Amherst? I stopped in once on the way up to Maine and nearly died and went to heaven!

And thank you all so much for the welcome!

33 minutes ago, Ashlie said:

...Have you ever been to the miniature shop in Amherst? I stopped in once on the way up to Maine and nearly died and went to heaven!

And thank you all so much for the welcome!

I actually have been to Earth & Tree once.  We have Ron's Miniatures in Orlando.  Really excellent mini stores are few & far between, alas!

• 3 weeks later...