selling DeAgositi Japanese Rakuten dollhouse kit

aggiemae

For sale:  DeAgositi Japanese hotel spa (Rakuten)

This is a ~1/24 scale front opening house with three floors. its about 3' tall, 18" deep and 2-2/12 feet wide and includes all the basic furniture and accessories. Most of the house wood, some of the furniture and accessories are plastic.  DeAgosini sells these kits is a series with one to several components included in each box.  This series, sold from 2004-2007,  it COMPLETE so it has all 110 magazine size boxes. 103 boxes are still shrink wrapped, seven are not but the components are still in the factory sealed plastic boxes. This model was only sold in Japan and the instructions are in Japanese but the pictures are clear and since everything for each unit is wrapped together is is almost impossible to build it incorrectly. A beginner can easily build this but I think it might require more than basic skills to make it fabulous.  

The 110 kits, Each box  include a magazine with lots of photos of Japanese houses. total weigh is about 100 pounds. I will ship in three boxes using DHL. 

You can see for pictures of the build and the finished house here:   http://japanesedollshouse.blogspot.com/

We aren't supposed to post prices here so I wanted to add that you should not let the (astronomically high) retail price of this kit stop you from considering buying it.  I plan to put it on EBay in a few weeks so please PM me if you re interested (or just curious).

Check out:  http://japanesedollshouse.blogspot.com/  

for pictures of the finished house and step by step ENGLISH instructions to build the kit as well as many extra projects, including  a battery operated electrification set up.

ClosedHouse.JPG

someone took the time to get my g mail address an email me to let me know that this kit is actually 1:20 scale not 1:24. However my original post does say ~1:24 AND everything I hand built for it was 1:24 and looked inscale to me as well as to the person who paid me $$$ to build this for her. 

Also the most common PM I am getting are asking if it's complete and why I am selling it.

So...

Yes, it is complete. 103 of them are still shrink wrapped seven are unwrapped but the internal packaging is still factory sealed. 

I am selling it because I got in in trade as partial payment for building this same kit but it's been five years and I never seem to have the time to build it. 

The above pics and blog of the Japanese Ryokan house are from my build (you can follow all the steps more or less here http://japanesedollshouse.blogspot.it/2012/01/back-in-february-of-2008-italians-were.html) and I have to tell you that this house and the included furniture are super detailed and well constructed.  I paid a lot more than I think what aggiemae is asking and have not seen this house in many places on line or off complete.  I checked into it and the kit is in fact a 1/20 scale but that just means that some 1/24 may be ok as will some 1/12 depending on the objects.  Of course many objects I had to hand make myself as this scale, even if it is quite common in Japanese dollhouse building, is not so common in Europe. 

This was my first dollhouse and by no means will be my last.  It was even featured in the March 2015 issue of Dollshouse Magazine - which was pretty nice for me. Anyway, it is a unique house and very difficult to find.  Whoever does end up purchasing it will have a fantastic time building it!! I know I did.

I just found another blog of that house, and after reading Peggy's blog, and starting this blog, I am really wanting that house! It would be so much fun to learn about all the Japanese culture involved in building that house.

Oh! I just noticed where you're from Kathi.  I grew up in South Portland Maine! How funny! I married an Italian so now I am living in Florence. I got this house kit thru the Italian newsagents.  So it came out in bi weekly installments. So funny how two Mainers on the same thread!

• Like 1

Hello to another Mainer!!! What a wonderful experience to live in Florence!

Here is the site I found this morning. This is the first page I could find, apparently there were some earlier ones, but I haven't figured out how to view them all. She has a lot of links to information in there, as well as showing her build.

http://maleki23.rssing.com/chan-12531450/all_p1.html

I pmed Aggiemae about buying it, and I really want it a lot. I need to run it buy my husband, because we really can't afford it, but it is a very good price for what it is, and it is a once in a lifetime house. I think I want that house more than any other, because I love the tradition of it, and the chance to learn as I build it.

We went off the island for a few hours today, and hubby is in a bad mood, so I think I'll wait until tomorrow to show it to him! :-D

Wow, am I stupid, Peggy, the other site I posted a link to is the RSS feed from your blog, so it isn't someone else's blog. I just started looking at it in the middle of the build, and since I hadn't seen every page of you build, I didn't recognize it! :doh:

Hi Peggy! I recently started following your blog and am glad you found your way here!

The Japanese house made in Italy that I am selling and also the one I already built while still living in Tel Aviv part time where both purchased by an Israeli while she was living in Japan.

I am so happy, because my husband said I could have it for a Valentine present!

I have been looking at Ryokans, and reading Peggy's blog constantly, as well as setting up a Pinterest board to give me ideas for decorating mine.

This is going to be an amazing house!

• Like 3

Excellent!!! Now you can start your own blog Kathi and we can follow your progress too! Like I said, this was my first dollhouse build and I did make a lot of mistakes looking back but overall I had so much fun doing it.  I never tire of looking thru the house and imagining running the inn.  I have never been to a inn / spa in Japan but can imagine it must be lovely.  I took a lot of artistic (and wishful thinking) license with my ryokan.  Lots of decor or the room set up would not be actual to a real inn but I didn't really care.  I visited Tokyo years ago and did my best to give the sensation of a modern 60's bohemian inn.  For young people to hang out, eat right and soak.  Aggiemae, did you make an album with pics from your completed house? I'd love to see what you did with it.

Keep us posted Kathi!

I'm so glad you did your blog Peggy, especially since I don't speak Italian! (But I'm really good at languages, and can figure out most of them,so it doesn't bother me).

Your blog will be so helpful. I am going to try to do mine as it would have looked early in the twentieth century, or late nineteenth century. I may put the phone booth in, because that telephone looks old enough, but I'm not doing the TVs!

I do have a blog for my greeting cards, so I'll definitely do one for the house.

Do you ever get back to Maine? If you do, I'd love to meet you!

Yeah, I'm hoping to get back this year.  It's been a tough year or so.  I had to make a few trips stateside end of 2014 till March 2015 when my Mom passed after a short fight with cancer.  My husband and son flew in as well so my funds were pretty much depleted for 2015 and I had to go to work full time to get ourselves back on track.  No sooner had I gone back to work when my beagle slipped a disk in his back and had to have an operation.  Two months salary went into that.  So you can imagine how my mini-ing hobby has pretty much been put on the back burner for a while.  I figure if I'm lucky I may be able to afford a ticket for me at least to come visit my Dad in August.  That's when they let us take vacation (working for an Italian textiles biz - they only close in August...)

We should find a way to meet up tho.  That would be brilliant!