What's for dinner?

rodentraiser

Last night was boneless pork ribs marinated in strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing with succotash & rice.  Not sure about tonight until we get home from the grocery store.

Made a new, for us, pasta dish tonight, fillet of chicken, choppers onions, finley slices garlic, boil and summer, added rich cream and some  milk, let skimmer for a while, then add tomate puré (tomatoe paste?) and saffron. Let summer for a little while, add  fresh Chippen tomatoes as well as fresh green beans (?) (haricôtes vertes) serve with pasta and a tossed salad (black pepper, white pepper and salt as Condiments)

Easy and really yummy

Cold cut sandwich last night; tonight maybe more of the same. Walmart has my favorites: low salt honey turkey and low salt roast beef. Last night was turkey and swiss; tonight, probably roast beef and cheddar. So hot here, I haven't felt like anything hot to eat.

For the past 8 days all I had was Dextrose and Sodium Chloride in sterile water.  Yum.  

Reading everyone's dinners is killing me.  So many things I'm going to try in 2 or 3 months. . .

• 4 weeks later...

Staying with DS#2 & his wife I cook when we all want to eat in.  She doesn't cook and he's out of practice.  We made a grocery run after supper when we got here, so tonight I fixed a variation of chicken cordon bleu in pastry, using boneless, skinless chicken thighs, baby spinach, pepper jack cheese and a puff pastry sheet.  DIL doesn't eat meat, so hers just had the cheese & spinach (she's not a vegan, just picky, and has eaten some of the things I've prepared with meat that DS & I haven't told her was in there).  I also made salads, and we all left the table fat & happy.

• Like 1

I made a loaf of bread yesterday and around dinner time, had 2 slices with butter. It was good, so then I had 2 more slices and finished up with a large bowl of frozen blueberries (if you really want to ramp up the flavor of blueberries, freeze them and eat them frozen!). Then I was stuffed, so that was dinner.

Tonight, I'm not sure. I went to the store today and all I have is chicken breasts and hamburger. So tonight I think I'm going to have something called 'Chicken with Herb-Roasted Tomatoes and Pan Sauce'. The tomatoes are supposed to be cherry tomatoes and this will be an experiment, as I threw a whole bunch of cherry tomatoes into the freezer a couple of weeks ago. I know they'll be limp when they're thawed, but they're being cooked, so I don't care about that too much.

I always have three goals when I cook: 1) not to poison myself  2) make edible food and  3) make edible food that I actually like. It's a home run when I can do all three. In one meal, that is. Believe me, I don't accomplish it very often. LOL

For some reason the quote feature doesn't want to work on my dumb puter.

"Tried a baked tilapia recipe over the weekend but it turned out very bland and dry. Anybody have a better (less low-fat?) way to use up tilapia, corn meal, and panko? "

When I oven fry fish I rub the bare fillets with a bit of low-fat mayonnaise and then coat them with bread crumbs (the Panko) OR cornmeal OR flour (not all three) seasoned with a little salt & pepper, lay them on a pan sprayed with a light spurt of cooking spray, and put them in a 350F-degree oven for ten minutes, then flip them over with a spatula and let them go for up to another ten minutes (more time if they're really nice, big, thick fillets).  I use far-raised catfish, because that's what DH & I prefer, although mullet will do as well.  Never had a dry one this way.

I lied about last night. I made the hamburger helper, but I had it for lunch instead of supper. Last night for supper I had corn on the cob. I tried steaming the corn in the crock pot and it was so good, I'm going to finish off the last two ears and have them tonight, too. Only this time I'm going to wrap them in foil before I put them in the crock pot. Then I'll see which way works better.

19 hours ago, grazhina said:

DH surprised me with this request for supper tonight - fries topped with Cheeze Whiz and crumbled bacon and a couple of hot dogs with ketchup and relish. I don't care for Whiz,

You know, that sounds really good.

Well, I polished my copper pans today and that along with a couple other things I did put me about 3 hours behind. So since supper never made it into the crock pot today, I'm just having hot dogs for supper. Maybe with cheese. I put them under the broiler, get them almost black, and set off the smoke alarm. I suppose I should eat supper before 10 pm, in that case.

Today we will have chicken fillets coated with Basil and fresh herbs, oven grilled, ffreshly picked Chantarelles in a wine and cream sauce, along with some tagliatelle and green asparagus and haricôtes vertes.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

Today we will have chicken fillets coated with Basil and fresh herbs, oven grilled, ffreshly picked Chantarelles in a wine and cream sauce, along with some tagliatelle and green asparagus and haricôtes vertes.

Oh, yum!!!

• Like 1