What's for dinner?

rodentraiser

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Meatloaf with garlic, onions, some liquid smoke, a little ketchup, breadcrumbs soaked in milk, an egg, parmesan cheese, Jimmy Dean sausage, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, What isn't in the meatloaf is in the potatoes: bacon, cheese, sour cream, butter, and cream (ran out of milk). Definitely not low cal tonight.

• Like 1

I did a dry rub on skinless chicken and seared it and added it to rice, toasted sliced almonds and veggies with a dash of key lime juice.  It was right yummy, and we had some Cajun fig cake for after.

Last nite was grilled chicken breasts with Caribbean jerk seasoning, candied sweet potatoes (the quick canned version!) and veggies.  Tonite we are taking my MIL with us over to my DD#1 & hubby's new house for dinner and birthday cake!  :)   Our birthday celebration with her was postponed due to that crazy snowstorm over the weekend.

The Indian restaurant we anted to try was closed (not  good sign) so we hit the Mexican restaurant on the way back home, instead; mole con pollo.  I am a firm believer that chocolate makes chicken taste SO much better!

Our grocery store had fresh mullet fillets this week, so tonight we had them with baby kale and spinach and chipotle cornbread waffles (I had to see if I could make them as good as the corn cakes I had earlier this week with eggs benedict at Egg & I;  they were).

Good old fashioned bacon cheeseburgers here! I've been having a toothache for the past two days, so I've been sticking to soft food. Unfortunately it got really bad yesterday, which of course, is the day ALL the dentists in town take off. Will have to call mine on Monday (sigh). I just saw them last month for my biannual cleaning. Wish I knew what was wrong with this one.

Dinner plans on hold since the control panel sent out a spark, a puff of smoke, and a burst of acrid burned electrical odor. No flames. All of the components still work. But needless to say, it is on hiatus until we can get it checked out. Hello, microwave.

My dad fired up the grill tonight. Course it was fully dark by the time he was done. Barbecued pork ribs, steamed veggie medley, potato salad, macaroni and cheese. (I don't like potato salad, so I had the macaroni.) Tooth still sore, but not as bad as it was on Thursday and Friday.

I decided to have spaghetti, but mine wasn't nearly as good sounding as Grazhina's. I just cooked up some hamburger and dumped a jar of spaghetti sauce on it. And then I was shaking what I thought was salt into the meat and not paying attention, when I stopped and said, "Uh-oh. That's cayenne pepper."

So it was good, even though it was a wee bit hot. And to top it off, I had gotten the Classico spicy garlic and basil spaghetti sauce. I had dinner with lots of ice cold lemonade.