Fairy wings - cosplay

ladymelissa

So i will be going to a gothic neo-romantic ball beginning of march, here in Belgium. It's called Gala Nocturna. This will be the 6th edition i will go to. I always try to make my costume mostly myself and this gives a lot of stress, but also fun and a rewarding feeling when people admire your costume at the bal :) This year i exceptionally ordered my ballgown, but i will be making my own set of fairy wings and a crown. The theme is the Age of Redemption and the dresscode is a bit Virgin Mary inspired, but also demands to express your true inner self. So my inner self, seems to be an elf with wings in long red ballgown. Here is the link to the ball: http://www.gala-nocturna.com/#home. People from all over Europe come to join us every year and so i made friends in England, Holland, Germany, Italy.

I just finished the frame of the wings (craftwire), and will now start to make the wings itself using cellophane, Angelina magic fibers to add some sparkle and laminate them. This laminating process is a new experiment. I already made wings once, only with Angelina Fantasy Film and craftwire. I'm curious how they will turn out.

They are almost finished: i crafted for hours and hours yesterday :) I just need to find a way to attach them all together and also be plyable, so i can carry them in my handluggage on the train, together with my ball gown and hoop skirt LOL

Second picture is a close up, so you can see the material: its craftwire, with red cellophane, with Angelina Magical Fibers and than laminated (with my hot iron)

wings1.jpg

wings2.jpg

They are not that big, maybe one meter in length together, so they wont touch the ground. I will have to be careful for other guests, to not hurt them or get trapped on them, LOL :)  You attach them at a kind of u-shape iron, that you can shove in your corset at the back....or you make straps on them to put your arms through.