Wiring the garfeild

Corwin

Well depending on how many rooms you are going to tapewire. Looking at that picture, you may need more tape. Also you have to make sure that the transformer is big enough. Check out Darryls tutorial on electrification in the gallery section.

I just finished the Garfield and decided when I was almost done that it needed lights and just added round wire. It's not perfect but it works. :wave: Good luck with your Garfield, I had so much fun building it. It will keep you busy. This forum is so great. If you get stuck and have some questions don't hesitate to ask. I don't think I could have done it without all the support of the very talented people on this site.

Happy building! :wave:

Hello!

I have my Garfield in a dry fit, and I've just completed the wiring on a much smaller house, the Laurel. The starter wiring pack is good, but if you plan to wire the whole house, you will need more tape wire and brads. You can always pick up more along the way as you need it. Just be sure the transformer is large enough to power all of your lights!

That should be ok to start off with. As you go along you will figure out how many lights you want and where you want them then you may need more tapewire and a bigger transformer. In my garfield when I built it I wired the whole house expecting that later on I would add more lights, which I did over the past few years, when I decided it was time to add more lights I also bought a bigger transformer to run them all.

Thanks i will buy that and maybe an extra roll of tape wire and see if i can find a bgger transformer. Thanks!

Well depending on how many rooms you are going to tapewire. Looking at that picture, you may need more tape. Also you have to make sure that the transformer is big enough. Check out Darryls tutorial on electrification in the gallery section.

I just finished the Garfield and decided when I was almost done that it needed lights and just added round wire. It's not perfect but it works. :D Good luck with your Garfield, I had so much fun building it. It will keep you busy. This forum is so great. If you get stuck and have some questions don't hesitate to ask. I don't think I could have done it without all the support of the very talented people on this site.

Happy building! :)

Thanks i tried to find that but i couldn't. Would it be possible to post a link? :)

Thanks.

I think it all depends on how much lighting you require or want. I personally bought a large kit for my Pierce. I am wiring every room including the attic and plan on putting a fair amount of lighting into it. The one I bought is for a 12 to 15-room dollhouse with a 40-watt transformer which will light up to 64 12-volt or 100 16-volt bulbs.

Since I love moving furniture around in my home, I also like to do it in my mini world as well. With adding more than I "think" I need in the construction process, I know I will not have any troubles later moving that sofa table, floor lamp etc. to a new place or adding additional items later on.

One can never forecast when they are going to see that one more light they must have. That's what makes this addiction so much fun. :woot:

I have been known to chase perfectly innocent FedEx trucks down the road!

I always wondered why they just left my boxes and ran.....

they know another crazy Greenleafer lives there

runnnnnnn

but "I" would never chase my delivery persons!

they carry VIP's and "these things must be handled delicatly"

mmmuuuuhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

nutti :banana:

I always wondered why they just left my boxes and ran.....

they know another crazy Greenleafer lives there

runnnnnnn

but "I" would never chase my delivery persons!

they carry VIP's and "these things must be handled delicatly"

mmmuuuuhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

nutti :banana:

Yeah, right...... :zip: and that is all I am going to say about that LOL

I am also a bit eager when it coems to receiving my goodies so I at time skeep myself busy in the front yard weeding and such so that I can "pounce" (gently though) at the mailman when he gets there just to see what he might carry with him....

Hugs

... I have been known to chase perfectly innocent FedEx trucks down the road!

Hmmm... thats an idea! :banana:

I wopnder if i stilll get my one phone call... :D

I think it all depends on how much lighting you require or want. I personally bought a large kit for my Pierce. I am wiring every room including the attic and plan on putting a fair amount of lighting into it. The one I bought is for a 12 to 15-room dollhouse with a 40-watt transformer which will light up to 64 12-volt or 100 16-volt bulbs.

Since I love moving furniture around in my home, I also like to do it in my mini world as well. With adding more than I "think" I need in the construction process, I know I will not have any troubles later moving that sofa table, floor lamp etc. to a new place or adding additional items later on.

One can never forecast when they are going to see that one more light they must have. That's what makes this addiction so much fun. :woot:

Yes thats a good idea especaly in a big house it's best to get it right the first time. I think all my lights will be replacble bulbs. I can't wait.