How to fix cloudy Triple Thick 'glass' ?

Luanne

Hi guys,

I used Triple Thick on clear food container plastic to mimic old glass. I put on too much the first time and the glass  was very cloudy  after it dried. 

I used less Triple Thick in  following attempts, it was better but it's been 2 weeks and it's still a bit cloudy.   I set a hair dryer on it, low setting first, then high setting. No change. 

Did I use the wrong product for this? Should I start over with something else or is there a way to salvage this? Thanks. It's for 2 windows and 1 door. 

You may have to start over.  I used to use Triple Thick in my other hobby, which is painting wooden peg people.  I always had trouble with the Triple Thick getting cloudy.  I started using Mod Podge Super Thick Gloss and haven't had a problem with clouding, so that may work for what you need it to do.  Most Wal-Marts carry the Super Thick Gloss, it's in a jar with a dark blue label, and is with the other Mod Podge products.

I love clear nail polish for my mini-enameling/glass needs...I use anything that has "diamond coat" in the name. LOVE it. 

I used it to seal some waterslide decals on china plates and it is still going strong years later...no chipping or peeling and still glossy.

Love the idea of mimicking old glass.

I tried clear nail polish to seal polymer clay once.  It stayed sticky forever and as soon as I found the nail polish remover and used it the problem was solved.  Lesson learned; I don't use it on polymer clay items.