Wooden Peg People

vbharrington

I paint wooden peg people as a hobby.  I've made several copyright infringing sets of Disney characters for my babies to play with, but I only sell generic ones to the public.  I have an Etsy store, and I've had a few custom orders, but my most popular peg by far is a Lizzie Bordon peg doll.  I'm thinking of expanding my mind to include other nefarious characters, I've got prototypes drawn up for Jack the Ripper and John Wayne Gaycy, but I've put them on hold for now.  Right now I'm focusing on my mini's, I have enough pegs in stock to fill any orders for my shop, so I am taking a break from them.  However, I'm sure I will be back to painting soon.....probably when I start painting some of my furniture, do it all while the paint's out kind of thing.

Years ago I made some Victorian ladies clothespin dolls for my Xmas tree. I keep meaning to make some more, as it was rather fun. I have everything I need, vintage clothespins, new clothespins, fabrics, but I still haven't revved myself up to start on new ones. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

several years ago i embarked on a challenge to make 100 peg dolls, They all have legs and arms etc. I made the mistake of painting the heads with undercoat. I am thinking of taking them out and finishing them but i would love to be able to remove the paint without spoiling them. Any ideas ?